An Honest College Girl's Opinion On The Popular Dating App Known As Tinder

Modern dating has transitioned from writing letters to swiping right on a touchscreen phone.

299
Google

Is Tinder your last resort to find that special someone that you couldn't find traditionally? Think again, for Tinder isn't all that great as some people make it out to be. Living alone and having no one to talk to is a scary thing. And having to go on random dates with complete strangers does not sound like a very good way to spend your afternoon.

The people on this kind of dating app are very deceiving for they may, indeed, look to be very charming and nice but those pictures outline only their mere appearance. No one knows what kind of malicious lurkers hide on Tinder; yes, it is a scary thought -- but these people do exist.

The thought of meeting a random person that you barely know and you have to meet them up at a bizarre place is quite scary in itself. There are all kinds of people out there on Tinder. Rapists, kidnappers, and stalkers that reside on this platform.

Dating apps are dangerous at times and can lead to uncomfortable situations. If I knew a friend that would go on a Tinder date, then I would have her be prepared for the worst. I would pack pepper spray and a pocket knife just in case anything would happen.

Did I mention that you will be rejected almost always? You aren't guaranteed that you will always have the best luck with finding that special someone but be prepared to either reject or be rejected...a lot. It's not a nice feeling putting someone down but you can't seem to help get mismatched all the time. That's one of the many problems that come with Tinder. Most of the people that go on Tinder don't even take the dates seriously, nor the whole relationship, and most guys are just looking to get into your pants.

Maybe Tinder can be a good thing sometimes but it doesn't help much with your self-esteem. You may never find the right match or you might be getting rejected too often that you think you aren't good enough. It is not good for your mental health whatsoever. People might even bully you about your body image via Tinder DMs.

Things may not work out between you and the guy you supposedly was matched with. You might get harassed and left with feeling anxious. Tinder destroys some of the participant's self-esteem and leaves them with nothing but doubt and anxiety.

Tinder is undoubtedly a genius idea. It helped hundreds of thousands of individuals meet up and start a conversation with each other, although not always positive conversations. Maybe you've gotten addicted to swiping left or right. Nevertheless, this app is abused for much more gloomier things than online dating.

If you do want to take the risk of going on a Tinder date, put more thought into it rather than not having a single care in the world and having fun. That person might just be a stalker that will follow you around everywhere and that can lead to even scarier situations. Before you go on Tinder, be responsible and careful.