To My Hometown Friends Families

To My Hometown Friends Families

Thank you for everything you never knew you were doing.

15
To My Hometown Friends Families
Allie Pizzemento

Some people don't even have one family, I don't know what I did to deserve multiple. I'm the luckiest girl in the world. You all took such good care of not only me, but my entire group of friends. You all took time out of your day to cook for us, to hang out with us, to offer us advice and give us a good laugh. You drove us around before we could drive ourselves. You all became a part of my family and treated me like one of your own and I can't thank you enough for that.

I see a lot of teenagers who get upset when their parents tried to hang out with them and their friends. I can't help but think of how much fun they missed out on. We not only enjoyed hanging out with all of you, we went out of our way to do so. Some of my fondest memories are sitting around and eating and talking as a group. One night stands out in particular, it was one of the last nights before I left, we were sitting around a bonfire in my friends backyard. We were playing corn hole and singing to oldies and dancing around like the goofballs we all are. That was one of the best nights of my summer. It was just simple and laid back and fun.

I know we all must have gotten annoying to you all sometimes (sorry). I know we got to loud and too rowdy. I know we would show up, eat all of your food, and leave again. I know we sometimes stayed up to late and made a mess. But you would still say yes every time we asked to come over. You were still willing to host parties and cook for us and sacrifice your clean living room and freshly stocked refrigerator to us. I know we didn't thank you enough at the time, but we are so thankful that you all enabled us to make the memories we did. My high school career wouldn't have been nearly as fun if it wasn't for all of you.

Can I also add, thank you so much for all the food you guys made for us. It's really nice to come over and have food waiting on the stove for us and the fridge stocked. I don't know if you realize how much food means to a bunch of teenagers, but it means a lot. Food is one of our favorite things and the fact that you all were not only willing but happy to give us a ton of it meant the world. You guys are excellent cooks too.

Also, to my friends siblings, you guys were also super fun to have around. I don't have siblings of my own, so you all were the closest I'll ever get to having them. As much as we all might have annoyed each other, just know that I loved having you around and I miss you guys a lot.

(Oh, and a special shoutout to Grammie, you're the bomb!)

All of you were always so thoughtful, generous, and kind to me and I am endlessly grateful. You supported me in many aspects of my life and gave me the solid foundation I needed to take the next steps towards my future. I miss you all just as much as I miss my friends and I can't wait to see you soon. Hopefully some day I'll be able to repay all of your kindness. You guys raised some of the greatest people I've ever met, you should be very proud of yourselves. I'll be back soon, I promise.

Thank you for all the support, thank you for all the food, thank you for all the laughs, thank you for all the advice, thank you for all the opportunities.

Thank you!

Thank you!

Thank you!