An Open Letter To My Hometown Best Friends

For the girls who makes my heart smile.

88
Sydney MacMann

Dear Best Friends,

Whenever we went our separate ways for college, it felt like a little piece of my heart was leaving. I knew it was coming, but it certainly did not make it any easier. It is a huge adjustment when you are so used to doing every single thing with your favorite people, from yearbook staff, student council, to literally having every single class together all of high school.

First off, I want to say thank you. Thank you for always being on my side when I needed you girls the most. Senior year was hands down the hardest year of my life, and you all never failed to bring a little sunshine to my day. With all the constant changes, it was so encouraging to know that our friendship was constant. Thank you for always being there to help me, whether it be with a math problem, because you all know I needed a lot of help on that, or giving me encouragement and the best advice. Thank you for encouraging me to accomplish my goals and giving me the confidence to be my true, authentic self. Thank you for knowing me so well that you can tell when I am not feeling myself, and thank you for loving me on even my worst days.

Finally, thank you for the sweetest friendship a girl could ask for, I am forever grateful.

I am so incredibly blessed to have each and every one of you in my life. My favorite thing about our friendship is that distance does not matter. Whenever we see each other, it feels like nothing has changed. When I look back on my favorite memories from high school, you four are in every single one of them. I am so proud to call you amazing humans my best friends, forever and always.

I am also so proud to call each of you my best friends. I am so proud of you. I look up to you in more ways than you know and I am, again, forever grateful for you. Y'all have truly shaped me into the woman I am today.

You ladies deserve the absolute world. Never stop shining and growing. Everyone you surround yourself is so lucky to know you, I know I am. I am so excited to see everything that y'all accomplish in the next years of our lives. I am always there rooting for you, even if it is from a distance. Here's to many more years of sweet friendship, good cups of coffee, and encouraging chats.