Are All Homes Really Just Mobile Homes?

Are All Homes Really Just Mobile Homes?

You were suddenly living in a room in my heart, and that's when I knew I was home.

7
Are All Homes Really Just Mobile Homes?

Home, by definition, is the place where one lives permanently. Home, by society, is anything that makes you feel warm and safe, and anything that allows you to feel like you can be yourself. Most people, when they think of a home, they imagine a house or a place that reminds them of a good memory. Most people don't see the big picture.

Your home isn't your place of residence or the place you grew up in. It isn't the white picket fences or the park you played at.

Very recently, I've come to find that you will have more than one place to call home in your lifetime. Sometimes, we even find people to be our homes. People aren't permanent, which makes it a scary concept for them to be our homes sometimes, but houses aren't permanent either. We tend to forget that.

Houses don't have to be homes. I know plenty of people who don't consider their family a home they can belong to or go to. I've met people who treat their family like distant cousins, and I've seen people who are best friends with their parents. A household, a family, neither of these things make anything worth having without love inside of it. That's the key element.

When someone is able to look into another person's eyes and say they love them with their heart, that makes a world of difference. So I pray that you've looked at a person, whether it be a friend or a love, and you see a delicate softness, as if you never want to let go of them. My hope for you is that you've hugged someone with little to no intention of releasing them back to the world. I want everyone to be able to know the feeling of smiling at someone with the knowledge that their smile is what drives people to live life to the fullest and be the incredible person God made them to be. Let yourself feel. Find a place or a person to be able to go home and cry your heart out. Have the home that gives you the opportunity to share your darkness and grow from it.

If a plant is kept in the dark alone for too long, it can't grow.

Whoever, or whatever, is your home right now, I pray that you cherish it. Precious homes are so rare, and once you find one don't ever let it go. Find your home, find yourself, and take in every single moment. Let love flourish. Love will give you a home before you know it.