5 Reasons Why Homecoming Week Is The Best Week

5 Reasons Why Homecoming Week Is The Best Week Ever

A schedule packed full of free food and school spirit!

62
Personal Photo

No other week beats the hype and sense of community than Homecoming week. The best part of a jam-packed schedule full of school-wide events is the competition and willingness to do things outside of your comfort zone. Whether that be dressing up as the Powerpuff Girls or cheering on your teammates at the volleyball tourney; everyone's guaranteed to have a great time.

1. Homecoming pairings and competition 

The random homecoming pairings announced each year start off the year strong, when everyone gets hype and motivated to win the most participation for the week. Competing with other houses and dorms is what makes the craziness of the week so much fun!

2. Making new unexpected friends 

Going to homecoming events from soccer games to blanket making, there's plenty of room to meet and talk to new people that you never have. It's always fun to come together with people you don't know to reach the same goal, and making new friends is always fun!

3. So much school spirit!

There's nothing better than a school full of students with the same passion for school pride. The Butler Way is truly relevant when looking at the high participation and competition during homecoming week! Nothing makes me more proud to be a Dawg.

4. Unlimited FREE stuff 

From attending any homecoming-related event, there's almost always free food involved. And maybe if you're lucky, a free t-shirt or two! I mean, what else would bring in as many people as these events do without the free stuff?

5. Late nights and early mornings 

Whether it's staying up all night long for Lawn Decs or late night practice for Yell Like Hell, no one gets enough sleep during Homecoming week. Which makes Homecoming weekend even more fun (the earliest morning yet)!