Homecoming weekend in a nutshell

6 Reasons Homecoming Weekend Is Worth Attending And Guarantees You Smiles All Weekend

Homecoming weekend lives up to all the hype.

118
https://www.elon.edu/u/admissions/undergraduate/applying-to-elon/

Homecoming weekend tends to be a very hectic time for a college or university, but with every event planned comes benefits and smiles guaranteed.

​1. Campus-wide party

If your college or university is anything like mine, the first night that EVERYONE gets there, there is a campus-wide party. All main streets are shut down, and food trucks are everywhere. There is dancing, and there is singing, and screaming is happening on the regular as friend reunions happen.

2. Friend reunions

Probably not relevant if you're a freshman and you don't know anyone that's graduated. But to my fellow upperclassmen who know alumni at their respective institutions: Isn't it so dang amazing to get giant hugs from long lost best friends??

3. Tailgating

Free food, music, and free college swag. What more could you want?

4. Football 

Even if you don't get or enjoy watching football. It is still a tradition to go to the game!

5. Entertainment

Most universities do a concert/show of some sort which, in my opinion, is the best part. AND IT'S FREE!

6. Countdown until the next reunion

I hate goodbyes, especially with people I love. But it's not a goodbye, it's a see you later!