Why Your Home Friends Are So Important

College is an extremely exciting time to meet new people and essentially “start over” and get a second chance to be who you want to be. No matter what your social situation was in high school, odds are you’ve developed close relationships with at least a few people you don’t want to let go of.

While college is a very busy time in your life and it can be difficult to make time to talk to friends from your younger years, it is important you try to make time for your high school friends as much as you can, and here’s why.

1. They have known you for a long time.

Whether they are a friend since birth or just since high school, they have known you during your childhood and growing years. There has been plenty of time for you to develop a close, sincere, and unbreakable bond with your friends.

2. You can talk to them about anything.

When you’re meeting all these new people in college, sometimes it is nice to have people you can rant to and talk to about things that aren’t surface-level topics. You’re already way past the introductory phase with them, so you can skip the small talk and get down to talking about what you need to talk about.

3. They will always be there for you.

They are always there for you. Just like in high school, if there is some urgent drama you need to tell to someone else or you just need some advice ASAP, you can call them and surely one of them will answer shortly.

4. They remind you of home.

Being in a new place filled with people from around the world can cause some homesickness, but having people to talk to that are from your hometown can calm you down and make you feel much more at home.

5. They’ve been with you through the ups and downs.

They were by your side for all of the crazy things that happened in high school. They have witnessed your growing moments and your most important events that have shaped who you are today.

6. They’re your forever friends.

They’ve made it this far with you, so there’s no reason why they aren’t in it for the long haul. If you have friends who have been in your life for several years, odds are those friendships will last a lifetime. Your friendships have already survived the highest highs and the lowest lows, so there’s no reason why your childhood friends won’t be your forever friends.

After reading this article I bet you’re now realizing how much you miss your home besties, so go ahead and give them a call and tell them how much you miss them. You’re welcome.