15 Ways To Glow-Up Your Basic Hot Choc This Holiday Szn

A good variety of winter beverages for those of us who aren't 21.

114

With the month of December and cold weather rolling back around, it's always nice to get into the holiday spirit with some warm beverages. One of my favorites to sip on while watching ABC's (or now Freeform's) 25 Days of Christmas is good ole' hot chocolate. This year I've decided to attempt to mix up my typical winter drink by trying out some new flavors. For those of us not yet 21 years old, here are some fun holiday drinks you can consume this upcoming season.

1. Peppermint Hot Chocolate

Yes, peppermint hot chocolate, I know. Though it isn't very experimental it is always a reliable, easy, and tasty hot cocoa to make. This is one that isn't hard to find at any coffee shop or in a packet from the grocery store. If you are feeling extra fancy, you can always try this recipe from Dinners, Dishes & Desserts that has minimal ingredients.

2. Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate

Again, another drink you can easily find at Starbucks, but a bit more of an adventurous flavor when it comes to making a hot chocolate. Here is a recipe from Chef in Training for a simply and delicious warm drink.

3. Red Velvet Hot Chocolate

This particular hot cocoa is one I've heard of but have never seen in coffee shops or stores, unless it comes as a pre-made mix packet from the grocery store. Try out these ingredients and instructions found on Annie's Noms.

4. Pumpkin Hot Chocolate

Though this may be more of a November kind of drink, you can never go wrong with anything pumpkin-flavored when it comes to sweets and drinks. Take a peek at HomeMadeZagat for a good recipe.

5. Cookies and Cream Hot Chocolate

The flavor of cookies and cream in general is a classic and a favorite for most. Why not try it out for your hot chocolate too? Check out this version of the beverage from Gal on a Mission which has a recipe that only takes about two minutes to make! )

6. Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate

Another quick and easy to make dessert drink! This recipe I found takes less than 10 minutes to make and only needs peanut butter, hot cocoa powder, chocolate chips, milk, and marshmallows. Take a look at this from Certified Pastry Aficionado.

7. Hot Chocolate Float

Want a mix of hot and cold? This treat is perfect! Not only do you get the warmth of hot chocolate, but also the refreshing temperature of some cool vanilla ice cream. There's a great recipe on Delish!

8. Frozen Hot Chocolate

This is another colder treat that's pretty simple to make. If you are from a warmer area like I am, this is a nice holiday beverage to have during a hot day. Here is a recipe from Luscious Food Recipe.

9. S'mores Hot Chocolate

When you're sitting all cozy by the fire, here is a hot chocolate recipe from Domestically Blissful to try out when those graham crackers aren't around.

10. Nutella Hot Chocolate

You can never go wrong with this hazelnut container of bliss, and adding it to some hot chocolate sounds like heaven. Here is a recipe from Cafe Delites.

11. Snickerdoodle Hot Chocolate

This is another hot chocolate you can find at Starbucks during this holiday season. However, if you are going the less lazy route, here is a good recipe to make yourself from Lemon Tree Dwelling.

12. Strawberry White Hot Chocolate

This strawberry white hot chocolate is something I would consider pretty unique. This recipe from A Latte Food only requires about 15 minutes of your time to make a fruity but chocolatey beverage!

13. Mexican Hot Chocolate

The nice thing about hot chocolate is that you can make it in multiple ways. This Mexican hot chocolate recipe from Little Spice Jar involves a crock pot or slow cooker. If you are in a hurry and don't have time to make a hot drink before a class or errand, let your drink sit for about 2 hours. It'll be ready to try when you arrive home!

14. Gingerbread Hot Chocolate

Here is a fun drink to sip on while building that annual gingerbread house. This recipe from Kim's Cravings is a good one to try, and a plus is that it's naturally sweetened!

15. Coconut Hot Chocolate

Here is a hot chocolate that is a little more tropical for your holiday season. The recipe I found from A Happy Food Dance is another that involves a slow cooker. To top off the beverage, you can also make an optional coconut whipped cream.

There you have it, 15 new ways to sip on that classic winter drink. Most of these hot chocolates have multiple ways of being made, so don't feel obligated to utilize the recipe provided! If you want to find more recipes for making a hot cocoa, I recommend looking at Pinterest.