Every new year, people resolve to eat healthy, to work out, to read more, etc. They fail to realize that these resolutions oftentimes fail because they are seen as short-term attitude changes. However, taking it step by step and simply doing a workout a day can really improve your health. Commitment isn't daunting--you can do it!
1. It's easy--you don't even need to go to the gym. Take a jog around your town, but get up and MOVE.
2. Remember that no matter how slow you go, do not stop.
3. Eating healthy is the next step, but make sure you are eating enough first and focusing on how you feel.
4. Accountability is everything. Tell someone who will follow up later that you are going to the gym. Even if you don't make it, when they bring it up later it will definitely encourage you to go the next day.
5. Get up and do it again tomorrow. And the day after that. This isn't a short term diet--this is you! Enjoy it.