Power and the Compulsion of Hijabs in Iran

Power, no check on power, and high pride? The government in Iran.

1693

This is a response to My Stealthy Freedom Campaign Encourages Iranian Women to Stand Against Compulsory Hijabs

Upon reading an Odyssey writer’s article concerning the enforced rule about Hijabs and how Iranian Women are standing up against it, I knew that I had a lot to say.

I’ve been keeping up with the news about the ongoing conflict in Iran and how countless women are protesting the compulsion of the hijab.

As the news has spread worldwide and the conflict is ongoing, there are discussions concerning the ethics about this movement. The conflict in Iran is nothing more than an issue of power that men continue to hold over women. It also brings up to the surface how even in this day and age, women can still be constricted to their own freedom at the hands of men in power and the world simply watches it happen. In a country like Iran where since the Iranian revolution women are more restricted than ever, the bigger question is why? So that men can uphold the narrative that they have power or to fulfill their sick agendas.

Women are standing up against the government but they are being punished for their stance by the government. This punishment has lead to the unfair deaths of many women, the disappearances of others and morality training for everyone else. Why does the government get away with their actions? Power.

This violation of basic human respect is unfair to women not just now, but the women of the future that will not be given a choice regarding their own self expression.

Women are going missing, the morality police continue to spread fear regarding their rules. All because of what? What morality is being spread? Morality regarding the mistreatment of women and their freedom. All so that this abuse of women becomes the norm and the people in power continue to soar towards the sun with no one checking on their power.