Large Contracts Sweep The MLB

Large Contracts Sweep The MLB

Star players are being promised money no on knew the MLB had

19

A few weeks ago, the Philadelphia Phillies shocked the major leagues with an insane contract of $330 million to outfielder Bryce Harper. Experts, fans, and players knew that this would open the door for countless other players to receive deals larger than they ever dreamed of, but no one could have guessed just how many players would receive these crazy contracts.

Nearly all major league players make more than most people could ever dream of, but these three players have just been promised an amount of money that is hard to even comprehend.

Mike Trout

Mike Trout has been MLB's standout player for the past few seasons. However, the outfielder has been seemingly held back by his below-average performing team, the Los Angeles Angels. Many thought this would cause him to end his free agency on another team, but, boy, were they wrong. Trout is now the highest signed player as he and the Angels have just reached a 12-year agreement for, get this, $430 million. And yes, that is US dollars.

Manny Machado

After two consecutive World Series trips with the Dodgers, Machado has seemingly ended his free agency after landing a deal with the San Diego Padres. A normal thing for great players to do, however, this one stands out for one small reason, this deal is worth $300 million. The 10-year contract guarantees Machado the $300 million, earning him a spot in the "highest-paid" club.

Ronald Acuna Jr

Coming off a record-setting rookie season, Acuna Jr. had no intentions of leaving the Braves. Now, after landing an eight-year, $100 million contract, he definitely won't be leaving anytime soon. Although this deal is not a large as some of the previous, people must consider the age of Acuna Jr. At only 21 years old, Ronald Acuna Jr is one of the highest paid players in baseball, and the youngest to ever receive such a deal.

Baseball is America's past time, and the players are being compensated well enough to keep that tradition going. It is nearly incomprehensible the amount of money these players are being promised, but as long as they keep performing the way they have in the past, it will be worth every penny.