Having high standards is a good thing

Having High Standards Isn't A Bad Thing

Three reasons why you should keep your standards high.

1087
https://cdn.pixabay.com/photo/2017/08/06/23/22/people-2597454__480.jpg

We all have that one friend that has a never-ending list of characteristics that they want in a partner. Whether it's the way their hair looks, which sports team they cheer for, their career choice, etc. These friends are often classified as unrealistic, too picky, and are sometimes known as having a bad reputation. However, there is nothing you can say or call them to make them change their standards.

Why is this? Is having high standards actually effective? Can it hold you back from finding the right person or does it help you find your dream relationship?

Having high standards has three main advantages:

1. You know what you want 

If you know exactly what you want in a guy, then why should you settle for anything less? Now, this doesn't make you a horrible person. It simply just means that you know the qualities and characteristics that you want in a significant other and you won't settle until you find them. When you know what you want, you seek it out and find it.

2. It leads to better relationships 

If you have high standards because you simply think highly of yourself there is nothing wrong with that. Having confidence in yourself is very important and is a good thing. However, it's one thing to be confident, but it is another thing to be cocky. Just make sure you know where to draw the line when it comes to saying no to potential partners. If you start rejecting them for random reasons then you might want to reconsider the highness of your standards.

3. It leads you to value yourself more 

In the end, remember to keep your eyes, mind, and heart open. Just because your standards are high, doesn't mean you can't fall for someone that doesn't meet your standards at all. Life is full of surprises and many wonderful people.