10 Dating Perks That Come With Being, And Staying With Your High School Sweetheart

You really just figure everything out together.

469

Being in a relationship with the same person from high school to college isn’t the same as any other relationship.

At 16 years old, you don’t know what love is and have a little bit of a clue what a relationship is all about. But thankfully, if you find someone at that age then y’all are able to figure it out together.

From high school to college, you grow so much as a person and you definitely grow within a relationship. They know everything from your biggest embarrassment to your brightest accomplishment. They see you grow into the person you are and admire that because they helped to mold you into that.

A lot of people judge because they think that you're missing out on your college experience or that you haven't looked enough at your other options. But what is the point in looking if you have already found the person who you want to spend your life with?

It also definitely benefits being with the same person since high school... here's why.

1. No internet dating like Tinder or match.com.

You never have to have to experience those awkward blind dates, one night stands, or heart-wrenching breakups.

2. You always have a date to any date party or event.

Whether it’s prom or a sorority date party, you never have to find a date because your date is always guaranteed.

3. They were there through all those awkward teenage phases.

Somehow they still managed to love you with braces and all.

4. Long distance isn't a thing or problem.

When going home for holidays or breaks, y'all are going to the same place, making it pretty convenient.

5. Experiencing all the milestones together.

Like graduating high school, getting accepted to the same college, and living on your own.

6. Growing up together.

And knowing each other better than anyone else, enjoying the same things and having the same values.

7. Sharing the same family.

His family is mine and mine is his. Calling his grandmother ‘Mawmaw’ and always making sure to spend time with his family too when visiting home.

8. Figuring out adulthood together.

And how to live on your own. Like learning how to work the dishwasher and getting a part time job of your own.

9. Never having to put our guard up.

Because our first real relationship was each other.

10. Always having a support system.

Everyone needs someone to lean on no matter what situation we’re going through.