For The High School Students Who Think They're Ready For The 'Real World'
High School

A note for the students.

170
Photo by Emmie Keenan

As the school year is quickly coming to an end, I thought my next article should be to the high school students who think they are ready for the "real world." You know when you tell people you're so ready to graduate and their answer is, "You'll regret saying that one day."

I didn't and I still don't regret saying that.

However, after you walk across the stage for a piece of paper, life will smack you straight in the face. And it doesn't stop. What some of you may not understand is that college is the next step in defining your future and the last stage in molding you to become an adult.

Here are some things you need to know before you graduate from high school.

1. Basically, existing is so expensive.

Seriously. If you have some downtime, get a job and start a savings account! Trust me, future college you will definitely appreciate it. This doesn't mean you have to give up the social scene, it's just a step in the right direction for your future.

2. You don't need a significant other!

If you take any advice from this: Stop searching! Something I wish I would have done is listen to the people telling me I didn't need a boyfriend! It's fun to have friends, but don't get caught up on the little things that can hurt you.

I3. t takes more effort to be a bad person than to be a good person.

Man, just don't be a jerk. You never know what someone else is going through; don't be the person to make it worse. Trust me, it doesn't make you look cool to be mean to the person that sits alone. And if you are one of these people, you're probably peaking in high school and will be stuck in your HS "glory days"...

4. Please participate!!

If you already have to be there, you might as well do something you enjoy. Whatever it is, do it. You'll make really great memories and probably even better of friends. This will make your high school career suck a little less.

5. Lastly, MOISTURIZE.

Older you will 100,000% appreciate this. I'm only 20 and I'm starting to see wrinkling from my worries and even sun damage. Take care of your skin. It may not seem like a big deal now, but you don't want to be a wrinkled sack of potatoes when you're 30.

There are plenty of other things that need to be said, but here are five that seem important to me. High school goes by a lot quicker than you may think. Once you get your diploma, life goes even faster. Before you know it, you'll be looking back at your old yearbooks wishing you took advantage of the time that you had.

You are only young once, make it memorable!