8 Things For High School Seniors To Do Before College

Here's to your last summer before everything changes.

196
Unsplash

To all of the high school seniors, get ready for such an amazing experience: college. I'm sure you are all counting down the days until graduation, and anxiously awaiting college move-in day. It will all be here way sooner than you think, I promise.

Make sure you make the most of your time left with the people you love. In the blink of an eye, it will be your last day to spend with your friends and family for months, so live every day before that with no regrets.

1. Go on as many adventures as you can

Take a day trip to the city, go on a hike, spend a whole day watching movies. Take a normal day and turn it into an adventure. Anything can be an adventure if you're with the right people.

2. Explore your hometown

Trust me, you will miss it more than you think. Explore new places, meet new faces, try new things. Truly discover where your roots grow.

3. Don't prioritize time with your friends over time with your family

You will want to spend every day with your best friends, especially if you are all going to different colleges. You won't see them until Thanksgiving break, but you also won't see your family for months. Split up time between friends and family. You will miss your moms' hugs, your dads' protective side, stealing your sisters' clothes, joking around with your brother, and cuddling your pet.

4. But, spend quality time with your best friends

Make the most of the time with them. Make sure they know how much you love them.

5. Eat at your favorite local restaurants

Dining hall food is not great. You will crave your moms cooking. You will miss your hometown restaurants, so be sure to eat at them one last time for awhile.

6. Make money

Just do it. And save it. You will most likely become a broke college student just like the rest of us.

7. Make every moment count

Again, the time ahead of you will flash before your eyes. Don't blink, it'll all be gone soon enough. Don't waste a single day, don't waste a single second.

8. Be open to change and to a new beginning

Don't be afraid of what is to come. You will change, that is okay. You will experience new experiences, that is a good thing. Be ready to begin the journey of truly discovering yourself.

So, here's to your last summer. It all changes from here. It will be amazing. Make it count.