Perhaps you haven’t heard the news, but " High School Musical 4" is on its way . Some of us are excited. Some of us, on the other hand, are, well, not excited at all. Casting has begun for the fourth film in the HSM series, but before you get too excited over movie number four, here are some things you should know:
1. None of the characters are the same.
2. The plot is completely different.
3. There’s no basketball.
Actually, there might be some basketball in the background (you never know), but "High School Musical 4" will reportedly revolve around a soccer team. I don’t know about you, but hearing that there’s a fourth movie without the legendary, beautiful East High Wildcats and their basketballs makes me feel uneasy.
4. There’s a rival school. They’re called the the West High Knights, and they get a lot of attention in the movie.
5. "High School Musical 4" will be directed by the same guy who directed "Teen Beach Movie."
And we all know how we feel about "Teen Beach Movie."
6. Oh, and he’ll be choreographing the entire movie too.
Sigh. I really miss Kenny Ortega.
7. It’s been over a decade since the first movie was released.
It’s also been about six years since the last movie was released. That means there’ll be a six-year gap between that movie and this one, and I really don’t know how to feel about that.
8. There's no Troy and Gabriella.
I don’t know if I’m comfortable with calling it "High School Musical 4" if the movie has different characters, actors, and a different plot. The only same aspect this movie will have is the setting: East High. This new movie seems more like a spinoff than a continuation of the HSM series, so for now, I’m skeptical, but hopefully the cast doesn’t ruin my childhood.