To My High School Best Friends

To My High School Best Friends

Although we may be miles apart you can always call or text me.

5
To My High School Best Friends
Raven Stikes

Dear Best Friends,

As I enter my sophomore year of college and further my education, I have started to look back on my memories of high school and You typically are in most if not all of them from classes to football games to the time we "built" a door. You were there and we still laugh about it to this day. We've seen each other at some of our lowest points and even been mad at one another for trying to protect the other from trouble and hurt. I know it's hard to believe that it has been a year since we graduated. It seems like just yesterday we were meeting by the stairwells before classes to talk about all the gossip we refused to say over texting. We have all chosen our different paths. A couple of you have gotten engaged and had a beautiful baby.

Although it may seem like I've moved on and made new friends while I have been away at school, I don't ever stop missing you all. You can ask any of my friends I never shut up about the crazy times we have had. Although we have all went in our different directions you all will always be my friends. I know we may not speak all the time but I mean it's harder now with us all having adult lives.

You all have seen some of my worst moments and my best achievements. You all know my biggest pet peeves, my favorite comedies and how I have learned some of my biggest life lessons from the Lifetime Movie Network. What made you guys my friends wasn't the fact that I hated one of you for awhile or the fact that one of you was my neighbor. But the fact that when I was wrong or I looked terrible you were never afraid to tell me to get up and dust myself off and try again. You all were never just my best friends. Somewhere during high school you became apart of my family and decided that my parents and siblings weren't all that bad and stuck around for that I congratulate you.

If there were ever anything I would want you to remember it would be that although I may have new best friends they could never take your place because believe it or not you all know way too much about me and I know way too much about you and we have way too many memories together for you to get rid of me. Always remember that even though I may be 3 hours away I am only one call away. No matter the time. Even if I am sleeping (Yes I'll be slightly upset) I will answer because no matter the situation I will have your back. Just face the fact I am like a disease you just can't get rid of (#SorryNotSorry).

Love Your Eternal Bestie,

Raven Stikes

A.K.A. "DJ RaeDawg"