Hey Best Friend

Hey Best Friend

You're my #1.

346
Hey Best Friend
Cheyne Norma Lei Voss

Hey Best Friend,

*WARNING: Some super mushy stuff is about to be said, so be prepared. I'll fix it tonight with a snapchat of my double chins, love you!*

Hi, I just want to say a few words to remind you how much you mean to me.

I'm so grateful to have you in my life. You've stuck by me when things got hard, and you've always been my voice of reason. You let me know when I'm being irrational. You let me be myself around you and you've always been an open shoulder to cry on.

Thank you for making me laugh until my stomach hurts, and tears came out of my eyes. Thank you for always letting me have the inside of the bed when we have our classic sleepovers. Thank you for always letting me rant to you when stuff goes down and knowing just how to respond. Thank you for being my scary movie partner and always sharing popcorn and a soda.

We've made so many memories since 5th grade. We've had so many experiences together. I'll always remember the plays and music videos we used to make in your basement or riding around in your car listening to Ob-la-di and spending hours watching Vines together (RIP Vine, we miss you). That contract we made years ago, will always have a special place in my heart and on my bedroom wall. We've made some fantastic inside jokes that literally make no sense to anyone but us, even if someone was there they wouldn't get it. We have our own language when it comes to anything, and the stupidest things make us laugh. We always know what the other person is saying even if it sounds like complete garbage to anyone else. We've always had that connection.

Of course, we've also had our fair share of fights. Fights over the stupidest things, but in the end, we always end up on the phone crying and saying how much we love each other and then patching it up with a Hometown Diner date.

The best thing about our friendship is that no matter what happens, how far we are away from each other or how long it's been since we talked, we always fall back together. You're my sister. We will always have our game days at Grams, our movie and froyo dates, random phone calls and Facetimes. We will always have each other.

I am so proud of the person you have become. It's been great being able to grow up with you, and always have someone on my team.

I can't wait to see what moments we have ahead for us in the future, this summer and when you come home for breaks. Even the far future, when we're lighting up the world at each other's weddings and spoiling each other's kids.

You're such a compassionate, determined, intelligent and beautiful person. Anyone would be lucky to call you their best friend. Thankfully I am that person.

So don't forget that you're my number 1 dirtbag (Inside joke. I know this letter was so sappy and sweet and I'm ending it with calling you a dirtbag, but we've always signed off our cards that way).

& I love you oh so much.

Xoxo,

Your Best Friend.