15 Reasons Why January Is A Great Month
New Year

15 Reasons Why January Isn't The Dullest Month Of The Year

In with the new, out with the old.

70
Jillian Monczynski

Often times people may associate January as a slow, sad month. However, this isn't always the case. With a new year comes new opportunities, goals and anticipated plans. There are so many things that can occur in one year and January is just the beginning.

Let's take a look at 15 reasons January isn't the dullest month of the year.

1. A new start

Welcome to January, chapter one of twelve. A new start is where your motivation is at its peak. Embrace the new year, make it the best one yet and set new goal to surpass them.

2. The bar for the new year has restarted

The pressure of last year's wins and losses are over, therefore a new bar has been set for the new year.

3. Job opportunities

For upcoming college graduates, or someone looking for a new opportunity, now is your time to start applying. Several businesses seek out new additions to their teams this time of the year.

4. Holiday-stress is over

Everyone can finally take a breather. The holidays are a wonderful time to share with the ones that mean most, but let's all be thankful for our wallets.

5. New habits can be made

If you decide you want to hit the gym and become a better you, do it. If you aways wanted to start wearing a new look, go for it. It's a perfect month for a lot of dramatic changes where hardly anyone can question your sanity.

6. Sales, sales, sales

Everything is always cheaper in January now that the holidays are through! This is perfect for anyone planning to book a flight, catch a bite to eat, online shop and just about everything in-between.

7. Upcoming concerts and line-ups come out of the woodworks

For my festival and concert goers, the time is here! Not all line-ups are released immediately beginning the new year, but if you're lucky some artists and venues will release dates of upcoming shows.

8. Even your favorite artists announce upcoming releases for new albums and music

Anyone else waiting for their favorite artists to release the new music you've been itching for? Luke Combs, Future, Mike Posner, Florida Georgia Line, Weezer, Lana Del Ray, etc. all have scheduled albums releasing this 2019! Plenty more announcements to come, too! How exciting!

9. Catch up on sleep

Now that family parties and holiday get-togethers are over, it's time to catch some Z's. Enjoy the time at home to rest, once the new year starts to catch momentum you may not get much.

10. Cold weather? Not a problem

With no commitment to school (yet), you can still hide away inside in your PJ's. I know it's been my favorite thing to do lately.

11. No guilt with hiding in your PJ's

Everyone is doing the same thing, hiding away. At least you don't have to feel too guilty canceling plans.

12. Bigger opportunities await you

Maybe 2019 is the year you want to buy your own home, add a new addition to the family, or begin searching for that dream job. Whatever goal you have set, it's only a matter of time before you reach it.

13. New clothes

With all those holiday clothes received, gift cards and shopping sprees, everyone has enough new clothes to last the entire month. Yay!

14. Saving money

Holiday shopping is over. This also means going out to eat several times a week and finding ways to spend money can exceptionally slow down. Start a new saving routine to get your funds back into place, it's a great month to start.

15. Motivation is at it's peak

There's no better time to be motivated to feel good and restart than the beginning of a new year.

Cheers to 2019 and the future opportunities to a fresh start of something new!