How to Survive Midterm Week

How to Survive Midterm Week

It will be okay...
7

1. Caffeine

You will be tired. You will fall asleep. Whether it's coffee or a Red Bull, try a caffeinated drink once per day. Don't over do it. Stay away from sugar, it will make you crash.

2. Sleep

Yes, I just said drink caffeinated drinks. But this is why I said only one. You need sleep. Humans require sleep to stay sane and function properly. How can you expect to be productive if your body is shutting down?

3. Study a little at a time

Study a chapter at a time or a module/subject a time. Don't overwhelm yourself with too many information at once. It also helps to be repetitive.

4. Take Breaks

Okay, you've studied for a couple hours. Take a 15-25. You've earned it. For your sanity, I beg you, don't pull the 8 hour straight study session. I've done it, I suffered.

5. Eat Well

This goes hand in hand with your breaks. Eat a snack. Make sure you keep up with your meals. Food is feul for your body. You need it for proper function. You'll process information better if your stomach isn't eating itself.

6. Drink Water

DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT rely solely on caffinated drinks during midterm week. You need roughly 8 cups of water a day. It is important to stay hydrated.

7. Take Multiple Showers

During one of your 15s, take a shower/bath. They are relaxing and it'll be such a refreshing 15 minutes. It can be used as a wake-up when you're falling asleep mid-day. It can also help you refocus.

8. Silence Phone

The worst thing you can do is allow yourself to be distractied by your phone. Text messages, Twitter, Snapchat, Intagram... They will distract you. Just silence it and put it aside while you're studying.

9. No Netflix

I know what it's like. We say "one episode and then I'll study." It is NEVER one episode and you will lose your whole night.

10. Stay Calm

I know it is stressful and I know you're probably wishing you picked an easier major. It will all be okay. It will be over before you know it and you will probably do just fine. Then we'll have finals to worry about.

"May the odds be ever in your favor,"

xoxo,

Yos