Here's To Another School Year, Bonnies

Here's To Another School Year, Bonnies

Unless you're a part of the "Bona Bubble," you'll never truly know what it's like to be a part of such a close-knit community.

1
Here's To Another School Year, Bonnies
Best Counseling Degrees

As I stare at the copious amounts of disheveled clothing, boxes and home decor that are strewn all over my room, I can't help but feel nothing but excitement. Packing for school can be a stressful task, but it's hard to feel stressed knowing what I'm packing for. In less than one week, I'll be back with my best friends at my favorite place in the world and my home -- Bonaventure.

Unless you're a part of the "Bona Bubble," you'll never truly know what it's like to be a part of such a close-knit community. Most of us probably would have never guessed that we would have found ourselves in the little town of Olean, New York (I know that I didn't). From the very moment that you walk onto the grounds on your first visit, there's an overwhelming instinct that you've found your place. Your home, your community and your family.

So many people are getting their things together and heading to different universities across the country. Some are going to the most prestigious schools in the country. If you ask me and any other Bonaventure student, we wouldn't change our minds for anything in the world. It's honestly an indescribable feeling and there truly is nothing like it in the world. You could search forever and still never find a place that could ever compare to what it's like being at Bonaventure.

The school spirit at Bonaventure is enough to give anyone goosebumps. The Reilly Center is known as one of the toughest places for other teams to play, and for good reason. We band together and cheer on our team like no other school. Screaming, chanting, jumping -- win or lose, we'll always leave as the proudest students. (Sometimes we storm the court together, too. No big deal.)

So, here's to another unforgettable school year, Bonnies. Whether it's your first, second, third or last year, it's bound to be memorable. It will be filled with Hickey bumming, rowdy games, Mangia's at 2 A.M., Snake pictures (probably), parties and "Piano Man." Wherever life takes us, our home will always be at Bonaventure. From one Bonnie to another, we will always be family.