Here's Why Thanksgiving Is The Best Holiday

Sweatpants and stuffing is all you need.

12
Thanksgiving.com

It’s almost Thanksgiving break and I couldn’t be happier. I'll be able to go home, sleep in my own bed, eat the food of my choice and see my best friends. Yes, I will miss my college friends and oddly enough my dorm; but I’m excited to celebrate the best holiday. Thanksgiving is the best holiday, here’s why.

1. IT’S A DAY DEDICATED TO FOOD.

First things first, why would you not love a day dedicated to food? Multiple sides, different types of pies, and enough gravy to fill a pool. No matter when you get in that long, buffet style line there will always be enough to go around.

2. No expectations.

On Thanksgiving, there are no expectations regarding attire, food consumption, or decorations. It is solely a holiday centered around being thankful and eating food, nothing else; no gifts, no dresses or suits, no decorations. Just a day spent with family and food.

3. Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade

This is the only day where you can see giant balloons and performers all walking down the same street. It’s a spectacular event that connects the whole family into the all- American activity of watching TV and deciding which balloon is the best. This age old tradition shapes how dinners are planned and the day is spent, adding to why Thanksgiving is the best holiday.

4. Football

If you are not a fan of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, then you are in luck because there is another option: football. Football is what's on the other TV set or what is switched to between commercials, balancing out Thanksgiving. Football on Thanksgiving is not just for television, but can also be brought outside for some family bonding and fresh air while the turkey cooks and the potatoes are being mashed.

5. PIE

Pie deserves its own category, since this is the holiday for pie. Thanksgiving is a holiday where every pie can be appreciated, rather than other holidays which are centered around cake and ice cream. Not only are fruit pies appreciated, they are the stars of Thanksgiving, and other pies are equally loved too. This day brings variety with its plethora of desserts. Among them is also cheesecake, which is not technically a pie but is also a part of this amazing category.

I hope that this list of reasons why Thanksgiving is the best holiday has enlightened you this holiday season, and has helped you appreciate it more.