Here's Some Advice For You Ladies: Don't Date Rob Kardashian

Revenge porn and social media outing? Come on now.
11

I have some advice for you women out there who want to date Rob Kardashian -- don't.

If you've missed the latest kerfuffle, Kardashian and former lover Blac Chyna (born Angela White) are now at odds, with Kardashian posting intimate details of his and Chyna's relationship. In now-deleted Instagram posts, and currently live Twitter posts, Kardashian has accused Chyna of abusing drugs and alcohol in the same house as their daughter, Dream. Kardashian also posted an image on Instagram of an alleged text conversation between him and one of Chyna's current sexual partners, who looks to be asking him for money. There are allegations that Kardashian posted nude pictures of Chyna's body to his Instagram feed and criticized her body before it was shut down by Instagram moderators. I have not seen the images, and for the sake of my own sanity, will not be looking for them; however here is a news article detailing the fiasco. Kardashian's alleged actions would fall under the category of revenge porn.

Chyna's ability to raise her daughter (and son, King Cairo, by rapper Tyga) is not the point here. The point here is that Kardashian, who is no stranger to accusations of domestic abuse from Chyna, felt the need to post intimate pictures that she allegedly sent him as a way to get back at his ex-fiancee. That's just dead wrong, no matter how you spin it. It's also dead wrong to air your dirty laundry on social media, but Kardashian seems to do this every time he and Chyna are going through some sort of struggle.

I saw a tweet earlier pertaining to this situation that really turned my stomach - basically saying that because Chyna is a former stripper, Kardashian posting pictures of her naked body is old news. Well, let me break this down for the 3.1K idiots who retweeted that. If a woman chooses to post her naked body online ON HER OWN, that is HER CHOICE. It is her doing, on her own dime, her own conscience, her own risk. She is making that choice and exercising body autonomy. While I may not agree with that woman's decision, it is her choice. It is not her choice to have a former lover -- or any person for that matter, male or female -- post pictures of her naked body without her consent. I don't care if you're a nun or a nudist. Consent is everything in all aspects of life. Whether Chyna liked the photos he posted, whether she reposts them, whether she directs her followers to them - it doesn't eliminate the fact that her consent was not solicited when those photos were posted. It's dead wrong. Her past career has nothing to do with this situation.

I implore Kardashian and Chyna to think of baby Dream before they continue this public war on social media. I implore Chyna to get some help if she is really in the throes of addiction, and there are so many resources for her to reach out to in regards to the domestic violence accusations. As for Kardashian, dude quit being a jackass and say you're sorry. Apologize to the woman you talked up like crazy a year ago. I implore you to knock it off with this childish behavior, stop going to social media for everything, and act like the 30-year-old MAN that you are. Raise your children, folks.