Here is Some Success Wisdom

Here is Some Success Wisdom

These won't solve all of your problems but it does help.

69
Here is Some Success Wisdom
Joshua Ness

Some of these things I am about to tell you may have come from your parents or educators. If they have you should thank them because not everyone knows these things. Some people have heard these things and don’t use them – they don’t know what they are missing. If you are part of the population that knows nothing about this wisdom, then take some notes.

It is very easy to do these things. And all these things are impressive to others due to, so few people use them.

1) Care about what you are doing.

This is very simple. It does not matter if you are working a low-income job, volunteering for college applications, or the CEO of a fortune 500 company – you should care. Send the message to other people there that you want to be there and take advantage of the experience. Doing this can only work in your favor and will help you do a better job at whatever you are doing. You shouldn’t always be focusing on where you want to be or should be. Don’t try and rush through where you are now and forget to care about what you are doing. That brings me to the next point.

2) Walk away from one experience having learned something

Knowledge and experience builds on itself so keep learning. Not every experience you have will be obvious in the learning experience – some stuff is subtle. You might have a terrible job that you hate but at least you can walk away with the knowledge that you do not want to work in that industry. Working different jobs may give you perspectives on how people interact with one another, giving you insight for future jobs. Have you ever had customers scream at you? You might walk away with how to handle difficult people. If you look at every situation as a learning experience, then it will keep you from seeing things as a waste of time.

3) Show up on time.

I don’t care what you must show up for but show up on time. And by on time, I mean 15 minutes early. Plan for 15 minutes early to give yourself cushion time for the unexpected. Something will eventually happen that you will be thankful for those 15 minutes. Everyone’s time is precious so be respectful of that. You may laugh at this simple notion of showing up on time, but you would be amazed at how many people do not show up on time to work. You don’t want the employee review to say, “habitually late”.

Let’s wrap this all into one point. Have a work ethic. It will keep you out of trouble and it is so simple. If you still aren’t sure what these words mean – google it. And if you are googling it, then it means you have taken a step into the direction of success.