Here Are The First Steps To Navigating Your Life Path

If you find yourself second guessing your life choices, read this.
138

As the semester comes to an end, some students may be feeling some doubt about their future. Are they at the right university, are they in the right major? Why are they behind their friends or ahead of them? But none of that matters, if you are comparing yourself to others. You need to surround yourself with people who support you and don’t judge you for taking a different path in life from them.

Everybody has a different body and life clock, some students may graduate early from their top choice school, even with honors. And some students may graduate from their safety school without. Don’t let others influence your goals and your aspirations in life. You have to live the life you want for your own happiness, not to compete with anyone else, because at the end of the day it’s just you.

Jay Shetty was a businessman, turned monk, turned inspirational speaker. Jay started his journey as a monk at 22 when he went to practice across India and Europe. He learned how to improve himself and how to help others during his time in India, living out of a gym locker for 3 years.

When Shetty moved back in with his parents in London, his friends from business school started to ask him to speak at their companies, as they were under high levels of stress and pressure in the workplace. Soon his speeches were becoming viral on youtube, and he was asked to work at the Huffington Post.

Now Jay works with brands like Google, Facebook, and Coca Cola to share his story and his motivational advice. Check out his website for the full story and this YouTube video for inspiration to stay on your own path and not feel pressured.

This summer, don’t feel like you have to plan the rest of your college life out class-by-class, semester-by-semester. Stay on your own life clock, and if it is your goal to graduate from college then focus on that. If you are in college for the wrong reasons, then it’s time to take a step back and re-evaluate your life.

One way to self reflect and find out who you are and what you want is to spent time with yourself, without distractions from social media, peers, or friends. Take time throughout your day to journal, meditate, or even pray if you find comfort in religion.

For me personally, spending time in nature brings me clarity and clears my head. After I spend time hiking or swimming in the ocean, I feel like I have a new perspective on things that were worrying me. Nature has the power to soothe your soul and has mental and physical health benefits. The next time you feel yourself getting stressed out about school, work, or anything in between and you don’t know what to do with your life, take to nature or confide in a friend. But don’t waste your time doing something that you don’t absolutely love.