We Should Spend More Time Helping One Another Out

An important lesson to know this time of year is that giving is way more rewarding than receiving.

5

The Christmas season is here, and with that comes gifts. We are dealing with the hassle of finding that perfect gift for all of our friends and families. You're making a list to tell everyone what you want for Christmas. It's simply the most wonderful time of the year.

As I've grown older, I have learned one of the biggest lessons of my life: GIVING is way more rewarding than receiving. To give something to someone else makes me feel good on the inside. This lesson is not only for giving gifts, but it's about helping one another out. You never know when you may need help from someone, so don't let anything hold you back from helping others.

People who are as not as fortunate as others are some of the most appreciative people you will ever meet. The simple things people take for granted mean the absolute world to them. Something as simple as buying someone a meal will brighten someone's day. If I need help one day, I would hope that someone would be able to help me. This is a great example of treating others how you would want to be treated.

There are endless ways to help someone out whether it be volunteering in your community, tutoring a struggling student, or simply buying someone a meal. An act of giving is NEVER too little. I challenge YOU to make a difference in your community this holiday season by helping someone out, and always remember that helping someone out doesn't always involve money.

You'll feel just as good about helping someone out as the person receiving your help. Life is short, so let's spend it transforming lives and brightening people's days. I know you will not regret your decision to help someone out this holiday season.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!