Helping A Friend Who Doesn't Want Help

Helping A Friend Who Doesn't Want Help

Learning When To Let Go

296
Helping A Friend Who Doesn't Want Help
MySpace

I think that I can speak for the majority of us when I say that we've all been here. You have this close friend who isn't exactly on the right path anymore, and all you want to do is help them. The problem with this is that help may not always be wanted, or even welcomed. This definitely hurts, but not everyone will always think the same way that you do, or agree with your idea of right and wrong. The real question is, what do you do when you just want to save someone who doesn't want to be saved?

Personally, I have a few friends in mind that this article could apply to, but one in particular. This person though, has been there for me when I've needed a laugh, listened to my countless rants, put up with my attitude, and in the short time I've known them, has become like a sister. We have a lot in common, but the one thing we don't agree on is, what I would say, a big deal. Being in college, we're all familiar with having the freedom that we didn't have in high school. However, there is a limit, and this friend doesn't seem to know what it is. This is why I want to help. If they weren't my best friend, and I didn't care, I'd encourage them to go ahead and do whatever. The problem is though, I do care. Often times, they get into the wrong types of relationships and situations with the wrong types of people. Not only does this hurt my best friend, but it affects me too. But what do you do?

The Lord says this in Proverbs 3:5-6, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths." At this point in my friendship, I know that I just need to let go, and let God. Of course I still care about that person, but I know that I have done all that I can do and now it is up to them to ask for the forgiveness and direction that they need.