10 Websites That Will Help Any Student Ace School

The Internet is full of some really great websites for school!

446
Digital Trends

In this age of technology and the Internet, students look for any kind of resource that will help them in their academics. I'm currently a college student and have found a few sites to be really helpful for various reasons which I'd like to share.

1. Seterra

Seterra is a great website for those studying Geography. It offers free map quizzes that cover countries, states, capitals, rivers, flags, cities... and much, much more. It is an easy to use website that has helped me out a lot in my past classes! You can visit them on Pinterest and find even more resources! There's even an app for Apple and Android devices.

2. Word Hippo

Word Hippo is your best friend for any English, Creative Writing, or Poetry class. This website helps you find synonyms, antonyms, words meanings, rhyming words... and much more. I loved using this site when I had Poetry and I had to use a rhyming scheme.

3. Merriam-Webster

I know what you're thinking... you already know about Merriam-Webster's online dictionary. I just want to remind you to use it! I can't count how many times a person has given a presentation and used a word they didn't know and said, "whatever that means." Merriam-Webster offers word meanings and synonyms, but if you visit the homepage, you'll find articles that can help you understand more about the English language.

4. SparkNotes

Again, I know most people are familiar with this website, but hear me out! There are a lot of features to this website that can be helpful. There are study guides and videos to help you understand Literature. Plus, SparkNotes offers summaries and line-by-line modern translations of classic literature, such as Shakespeare. The coolest thing is that it not only provides help with Literature but with almost every other subject! The website also provides quick quizzes and articles to keep your mind active while you take a study break. (I really want to stress that you should always read books you're are assigned and not to just rely on resources such as SparkNotes.)

5. Internet Archive

Internet Archive is a great website for those doing research, especially in a History class. This website "is a non-profit library of millions of free books, movies, software, music, websites, and more." I found some amazing source material from this website just last semester. Internet Archive uploads original documents and sources for you to use.

6. Forvo

Forvo is described as a "pronunciation dictionary." This is super helpful if you have a presentation coming up and have encountered words that are foreign or unfamiliar to you. Instead of guessing the pronunciation or saying, "or however you say that," visit Frovo! Simply type in the word and play the recording of the word. Pronunciations are uploaded by people from around the world. The person's place of residence will appear next to the pronunciation so you can hear different accents.

7. Quizlet

Quizlet is basically an online form of flashcards. Instead of carrying around large stacks of notecards that have a tendency to fall all over the place, you can download the app and create them digitally. You can also find other people's sets that might help you!

8. Smallpdf

Smallpdf offers numerous ways to convert PDFs, PPTs, JPEGs, Excel, and Word. This is a great tool when downloading documents either from your instructors or research projects.

9. LunaPic

LunaPic is a free, online photo editor. When I first got my Mac, I realized that I no longer had an adequate "Paint" feature. I often have to cut down my photos or crop them before uploading them onto this website. LunaPic also offers different effects and filters that you can add to your photos. When you're done editing your photo, you can download the photo in many different formats, such as a PDF or JPEG.

10. Teacher.org

This website is geared toward those who are educators or wish to become educators. It offers great resources and information on degrees and careers. It also offers specific scholarships for those going into the education field.

I hope you find these websites helpful in your academic endeavors!