Hello Sisters!

Hello Sisters!

James Charles' slogan represents the ideals that makeup artistry allows you to share,

30
Hello Sisters!
Yamily Santana

Doing makeup was something that I've always wanted to do in high school. When I started doing makeup, I looked like a hot mess, but one day one of my closest friends, Marc Inchell, told me that I had the wrong foundation shade and that I had to blend better. I took his critique as advice because his makeup is fantastic. I'm glad that someone told me the truth. I was showing up to school looking like Ronald McDonald.

If you have friends and their highlight look like chalk because they are not blended correctly, let them know. Don't tell them you look stunning, tell them. I believe that if Marc hadn't have told me, I would still be wearing the wrong foundation. So I will always thank him for that. Makeup became my kryptonite. At first, I was against makeup for myself because I wanted to have natural beauty, and I believed that makeup was going to hide it, but I love to paint my face because it is fun.

I love different palettes and colors that you can add to your face. I started doing makeup to my friends and family for free to gain experience and techniques.

Yamily Santana

Yamily Santana

Makeup is a way of expressing yourself and looking a bit more alive. Natural beauty is everything you should always love yourself with or without makeup. The makeup industry is iconic right now!

Yamily Santana

Some of the people that I look up to are Bretman Rock and James Charles. Makeup is about expressing yourself, and I don't want to change myself a hundred percent. If I take my makeup, you will able to recognize me; I hope lol. Makeup is a getaway for stress for me and to look presentable for myself. Always do things to make you happy, not to please others. Makeup is about being creative and not judging others is about teaching and respecting what others want to do. When I first started doing makeup I watched many videos. Eyeshadow was the hardest part for me because I wanted my makeup to stand out and be able to be the best.

Yamily Santana

With many tries and practicing now I can say that my makeup is decent. I feel like Halle Berry when the foundation is matte and the eyeshadow is natural like the picture above. I usually love to do my friends' makeup for a night out at the bar or if they want to go to a special event. I love being able to make them glow on their special day.