Just Be Held: Where To Find Your Support During Tough Times

No matter the situation, God will be there for you.

3
Jazmin Decker

Have you ever experienced a time in your life where you don’t know if anything will ever get better and doubt if you’ll ever be able to get past the terrible situation you’re going through? A time where you feel lost and unloved by almost everyone you surround yourself with? One of my best friends experienced one of the toughest weeks of her life this past week and it was definitely tough to stand by and watch her go through it. No matter how badly I wanted to help her, I knew that this was a situation way past what I could help with this time. Finally reaching rock bottom and not knowing what to do any longer, I did the only thing I could think of: I sent her lyrics to the song “Just Be Held” by Casting Crowns.

If you’ve ever heard this song before you know that the lyrics express that “when you’re on your knees and answers seem so far away, you’re not alone, stop holding on and just be held. Your world’s not falling apart, it's falling into place. I'm on the throne, stop holding on and just be held.”

Whenever I’m experiencing a hard time in my life and feel like I no longer know who to turn to, I always listen to this song and it gives me faith and reassurance that I always have the Lord to turn to in times of need. This beautiful song always reminds me that He will always be there for me through the good times and the bad. A lot of times throughout our lives, the Lord puts us through tough times so that we can eventually help others and spread His love to those who may be going through similar situations. Our whole purpose on this earth is to spread His love and live our lives through Him. I believe that we are able to do that by praising Him through every storm we encounter.

“lift your hands, lift your eyes, in the storm is where you’ll find me”

So just remember, when you think you can no longer continue on and don’t know what to do or who to turn to, always think back to God’s plan for your life and remember that He’s having you experience these storms for a reason. When I no longer knew what to say to her in order to help her through this tough situation, I made sure to remind her that He has a purpose for her life, one that’s greater than anything she could ever imagine, so just know that “not a tear is wasted, and in time you’ll understand.”