10 Healthy Substitutions For Everyday Foods

Improve your eating habits.

83

These small and simple changes will lead to a healthier life. Improving your eating habits will lead to a healthier diet and benefit your health.

Substitute Bread with Rice Cakes 

Rice cakes are less in calories and carbohydrates than bread. To gain all nutrients in your meal, it is best to pair the rice cake with a healthy spread and any toppings of your choice.

Substitute Regular Milk with Almond Milk 

Almond milk is similar to regular milk in nutritional content, but almond milk is naturally richer in minerals and vitamins.

Substitute Bread with Whole Wheat Bread

If you must use bread for certain meals, whole wheat bread is higher in fiber and vitamin consumption.

Substitute Nutella with Cocoa Almond Spread

This spread is full of healthy fats and protein. Cocoa Almond Spread has less sugar than Nutella and pairs great with rice cakes!

Substitute Regular Cheese with Goat Cheese 

Goat cheese has more healthier fats than regular cow cheese would have. Goat cheese has nutrients necessary for healthy bones, which improve satiety and healthy weight-loss.

Substitute Rice with Quinoa 

Quinoa is one of the most healthy foods in the world. A cup of quinoa will add twice the amount of protein than a cup of rice would.

Substitute Mayo with Hummus

For half the calories of mayo, hummus would provide you with more protein and fiber. Hummus has iron, folate, phosphorus, B vitamins, and is a great source of Vitamin C.

Substitute Granola with Nuts 

Granola is usually high in calories and packed with excess sugar, while nuts are low in calories and sugar. Nuts are packed with fiber, protein, vitamins and minerals, including folate, vitamin E, potassium and magnesium.

Substitute Vegetable Oil with Coconut Oil 

Compared to vegetable oil, coconut oil improves the cholesterol of an individual. Coconut oil's fatty acids encourages the body to lose fat and gain energy.

Substitute Peanut Butter with Almond Butter

Peanut butter is not necessarily unhealthy, but almond butter carries more vitamins and mineral for the body. Almond butter reduces the levels of cholesterol and decreases the risk of heart diseases.