I'm Trying To Get Fit But There Are No Healthy Options On Campus–Help

I am a busy person. Every college student is a busy person. We spend most of our time studying, socializing, sleeping and doing extracurricular activities like going to the gym. Sometimes we get really busy and don't have time to go grocery shopping or meal prep for the week. Sometimes we don't even have the money to buy groceries! I barely have time to get ready because I value my sleep so much! So I get to school, and I am starving. I want to lose weight and eat healthily but I only have a limited time to eat. I don't have time to sit down and eat. I need something on the go. But there is nothing healthy!!

I go to San Diego State University and I am a third year. I am not on the meal plan either. Normally, third and fourth-year students aren't on the meal plan because it is expensive and it is not required for us. Some of the food options here on campus are expensive and we don't have the money to be wasting on expensive food. Our options are fast food places like The Habit, Chipotle, Panda Express, Subway and Rubio's. Rubio's is kinda healthy but there is always a long line waiting for your food. I don't have time for that. There is Olive Oil that has healthy sandwiches but one, they cost about $8-9 and two, the wait time takes too long. Also, Olive Oil is located in West Commons and that's far!

I am going to the gym every day but in order to lose weight, I also need to eat healthily. Being a college student means you're always busy, sleepy, stressed and hungry. There has to be a way to be happy and going to college at the same time. That's why SDSU needs to provide healthy and on-the-go options for students. There are other universities like UCSD that have those options for students. And I bet SDSU has the money for it. They should want the best for their students. We pay a lot of money to go there and they should at least over healthy food places for us!

I graduate in two years and I know SDSU is not going to offer that in two years. But future students deserve these healthy options! The next generation of students deserves this.