9 Reminders You Need When You're Crying Over A Boy
popular

You are a strong young woman who needs to keep her head held high and her tiara up.

8487

Ladies, we've all been there. You're sitting in your room, tissues everywhere, makeup streaming down your cheeks, and a million reasons why you want to cry all night and eat everything in sight. You're terrified someone is going to walk in and witness this hot mess. At the time, you think that life will never get better and things will only get harder, but think again.

1. You're a strong woman who doesn't need a boy to make you happy.

Be the strong, independent woman your mom taught you how to be. Learn to be happy all on your own and show that boy that you don't need him in your life. Never be the girl who needs to have a boy in her life. You are beautiful, strong, and worth true love.

2. There are other fish in the sea.

As corny as this is, it's true. There are so many other guys out there that will treat you the way you deserve to be treated. There are guys willing to go to the ends of the earth for you; you just need to find him, but give it time. Give yourself time to heal and prepare yourself for what's ahead. Don't rush into anything!

3. What's meant to be will be.

As corny as this is too, I'm a firm believer in what's meant to be will happen. If you're truly meant to be with someone forever, fate will find a way to work into your life. If it doesn't, then it was not meant to be. It may take time but time is what you need.

4. If you weren't born with them, you can live without them.

This goes along with toxic friendships and other people in your life too, but it's true. If you were born without them present in your life, you don't need them. (i.e. your mom, dad, siblings, family). At some point in your life, this certain someone wasn't a factor in your life and you were happy. Be that girl again.

5. Boys will always be boys.

I hate this saying. People use it to defend a boy's disgusting behavior. In this case, however, I mean that boys will never change. From teenage horn balls to grown men, they will always be the same. You'll find better ones. Only more often than not, they are still going to be immature and goofy.

6. They (nobody!!!) is worth your tears.

Nobody on this earth is worth your tears. Other than family, some people just simply aren't worth it. Save the tears for someone who deserves it, not the boy in your second-period math class that walks with his pants below his butt and tells every other girl to "hmu" through Snapchat.

7. The sun is still shining.

The sun is still rising and shining, the stars still appear, your friends are still your friends, and your parents still love you. There are a million reasons to be happy so find them and enjoy it.

8. Now you can show him what he's missing.

Throw on that cute jean skirt and crop top, curl that hair and apply your makeup and walk around like ya shit don't stink. Smile and laugh like it's your job. Show him what he's missing. Make him regret treating you like dirt and watch him crawling back.

9. You can focus on yourself.

Not that I'm complaining, but in a relationship you're constantly worrying about your significant other for whatever reasons. Without someone like that, you have so much time to yourself. Start enjoying nice weather, go for a walk, go on a shopping spree. Do whatever you enjoy doing.