How To Make Healthy Food At Home Without A Meal Kit

Meal Kits Are BANANAS Expensive, I Try To Keep My Body AND My Wallet In Shape

Eating healthy doesn't need to drain your bank account.

59

With the rise of popular delivery meal kits such as Blue Apron and Home Chef, many people on a diet are switching from making their own healthy food at home to subscribing to these meal-delivery services. Meal kits allow people to have food delivered with all of the healthy ingredients and recipes included, which can make them very convenient. This has led to many people believing that the only way you can eat healthy and lose weight is through buying an expensive meal kit delivery subscription. However, what many people fail to realize is that you can still eat healthy food at home without needing an expensive meal kit.

Meal kits can be very costly, and for people who don't have the money to buy them, it can make eating healthy seem out of budget. But people have been eating healthy way before meal kit subscriptions were invented. You just have to make good choices about what foods you eat and avoid any bad habits that make giving in to unhealthy cravings easier.

Eating healthy includes making choices such as avoiding junk food and planning out what you are going to eat every day. It also means eating foods that aren't processed and are whole foods. It does usually mean that you have to cook your own meals, but meal kits often require a lot of cooking as well — and at least home cooking is usually cheaper.

What a lot of people don't realize is that meal kits can be extremely stressful to make at times. They require a lot of time and prep. You have to be able to chop up a lot of vegetables and give yourself time to cook the meal. And really, there's no need for it! There are plenty of recipes that you can find that require less meal prep time and are just as healthy as the meals included in these meal kits.

In addition, eating healthy doesn't always require hours spent in the kitchen. The internet offers tons of recipes that are easy to make and can be extremely healthy! Try looking at the Food Network, the website offers many different easy-to-make meals that won't take up too much of your time.

Another thing that people don't realize is that a lot of the meals that meal kits deliver are dishes you can easily make at home or buy yourself without needing to pay a hefty subscription fee. My parents actually have a subscription to Blue Apron, and while I like the meals they offer, I know that a lot of the ingredients and recipes included could easily be made without a subscription.

Just go to any health food store and you'll find tons of different ingredients that are used in your standard meal kit, usually at a fraction of the price. Keep in mind that you don't always need to buy something that's organic in order for it to be considered healthy.

Also, if you find yourself constantly making the same meals that are healthy and begin to grow tired of the routine, there are easy tweaks you can make to spice up your meal. If you're like me and make the same garden salad every day, for example, an easy way to switch it up would be to try a Caesar or Cobb salad instead. Whatever the case, you can take the same boring meals that you've been making all your life and spice them up while still keeping them healthy, all without needing a fancy meal kit subscription.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that meal kits are inherently bad. These services offer lots of great dishes and they do introduce you to new foods, sometimes from different countries. But if you don't have the money to invest in one, rest assured there are still ways to eat healthy on a budget — you just need to put a little extra effort in at first to find what method works best for you.