You Are What You Eat

You Are What You Eat

What you eat affects your health.

4
You Are What You Eat
Tumblr

Eating healthy is a good way to lose weight but it's also very good for your health. I firmly believe you are what you eat. I have seen what eating healthy can do and have even experienced it myself. You may even think the things you eat are healthy because it's vegetables or fruit but sometimes those things aren't always good for you.

I have horrible eating habits, always have, but I've trained myself to have better eating habits and not only did I lose weight but it changed my health. It changed me as a person. I became more energetic and more positive. I didn't feel bloated or sluggish. I am allergic to gluten and when I found out and stopped eating gluten I could tell a huge difference. My stomach would hurt and I would break out in a rash and when I began paleo eating I began to feel 100% better. For those of you who do not know what paleo is, it's organic, gluten and dairy free, natural food. So no processed!

Just because something says sugar free, does NOT mean healthy! It's actually worse because of the substitutes they put into it. Another thing I cannot stress enough is processed food. Veggie chips may seem like a healthy snack, and do not get me wrong in some ways they are but they are still processed. Most people do not realize that their health problems could be avoided or even less of a problem if they changed their eat. Some foods cause your body to do different things. Corn for example, causes your body to become inflamed. When I eat corn my knee swells and I can hardly walk.

Corn is one of many examples, but there are many more. Some people are more prone to it than others. You may think, "I don't have time to eat healthy," but that's not true. Set aside an hour one day a week to meal prep or even the night before, go ahead and prep your lunch. Another thing is to research food, I began doing that and realized that even though some food is unhealthy there are also many that are good for you that do different things for your body.

Eating healthy is not the same as a diet. A diet is a fad that will fade. Eating healthy is a lifestyle. It not only makes lose weight but it also makes you feel better and become healthier.