Having Patience In A World Where Everyone But You Seems To Have Everything

Aren't you supposed to have your degree, a wedding, a career, and a baby all by 25? Wrong.

76

In a world that seemingly has everything, it is hard to have patience. As you scroll through Instagram, all you see are pictures of rings, babies, ultrasounds, weddings, graduation, new jobs, new houses, new cars, etc, etc. Basically, perfection. You see everyone you know having it all.

But maybe you only have one of those things. Or maybe you have none of those things.

It is easy to feel inferior to your peers. Maybe you're gonna graduate late because you changed your major, or maybe you didn't get to go to college. Maybe you have a baby, but not the perfect family. Maybe you have a great career, college degree, and your own place, but feel lonely with no one significant in your life.

It is all OK. You don't have to be where everyone else is. You don't even have to be close.

There is no official timeline for life, no matter how much it might seem like it. Life is individualized. Life is specific to each person. Do things at your own pace and get there when you get there.

And as for social media? Build people up. Congratulate them on their accomplishments and wish them well, but do not be jealous. Do not let envy get the best of you. The seemingly perfect person still has goals that they have yet to achieve. No one has it all figured out, no matter what their Instagram tells the world.

Patience is key. It may seem like now that you will never have that dream job, you'll never finish school, you'll never meet the man or woman of your dreams, but you're wrong. There is a plan for you, larger and more amazing than you can fathom. You need only to trust and take life day by day.

Do what you can each day to better yourself and get closer to your goals.

All it takes is one step because you have to take one step before you can take another. So have patience, and know that your time is coming.

My brother's (@ MooreMotivated) favorite saying is Get Better Today, and I have found it to be so helpful. That is all you really can do. Just get better today. You can't do anything about tomorrow until it gets here, so worry about today. However, don't waste a day because each one is a chance to better yourself.

Take a deep breath. Be proud of yourself. Enjoy life right where your at, because that is right where you need to be.