Having a Heart Abandoned to God

Having a Heart Abandoned to God

"He always leads us triumphingly through His beauty and fragrence." -Louie Giglio

1707
Having a Heart Abandoned to God
Passion 2017

Lately, I have been stressing and worrying about my grades more than what I normally do. Some of it could be because I have pressure on my grades so I will be able to get into Nursing School. Sometimes we get caught up with everything going on around us and we do not take the time to remember that we should be living for God and not of this world. Even though I do not know what my future looks like, I have to take it one step at a time and go through the day like it is my last.

I am reminded of Passion's new song, "Heart Abandoned", which was introduced at the Passion Conference and then released their newest album, "Worthy of Your Name." This song talks about how when we are in a mess and how we have tried running away from Jesus or something or someone else, God has always been there with us and leads us back on the path that leads to Him. The pre-chorus and the chorus lyrics goes like this, "To you my eyes are lifting To you my prayer is rising up You've captured my attention consume me, consume me. God, give me a heart abandoned ever after You alone Gold and silver, You can take it All I want is You, my Lord."

This song reminds me that even when you are at the most rough and lowest point in your life, God is still there and intervenes on our behalf to help us with what is going on when we ask for His help. Even when we are unsure of what is going to happen in the future or what will happen in the next hours, we still need to trust in Him and rely on Him.

I love how this song mentions how God can come tear down our walls and search in the deepest part of our hearts. Whenever I am not feeling well or just not having a good day, God always reminds me why I am here and why I need to strive for Him, especially when something is not going my way. It is so crazy to think that God knows every single part about me more than I do! I always have to remind myself of that because your human nature automatically thinks we know everything about ourselves.

I am challenged and reminded by this song to fully give everything to God because He knows so much more than I do! In my life, it ultimately comes to me giving everything up to God, even though it is hard to do. I have learned from giving some things up to God, that it is more rewarding if you give it up to Him rather than if you not giving it to Him.

Having a heart abandoned to the Lord just simply means that all you want is Jesus and nothing else. If you have been saved through Christ, you have already experienced this abandonment, but you have to continually do it so you have a heart towards God. It also means just simply trusting in him everyday and believing that He will get you through it one step at a time. If you have not experienced this before, I encourage you to repent of your sins and believe in Jesus and give Him your heart. It is totally worth it!