Broken Families

10 Pros And Cons Of Having A Broken Family

Some are better, while others are definitely worse.

595

Having a broken family can have its pros and cons. But no matter what you go through, you will realize that you will always have both your families.

1. Two houses

Photo by Kevin Delvecchio on Unsplash

Living in two different houses means you have:

Two different set of rules.

Two different types of responsibilities.

Two different rooms.

Everything suddenly becomes doubled.

2. Holidays

farm4.staticflickr.com

Some might think having two birthdays, Thanksgivings, and Christmases are fantastic, and in a way, they are. Instead of having one day of food you get two sometimes, even three. After awhile , however, you dread the holidays because you are always on the move going from one family to another. You never have the time to just sit and relax.

Sometimes having a drink or two helps you get through it all.

3. You will miss out on things

Photo by Asdrubal luna on Unsplash

When you live mostly at one house and not the other, you begin miss out on things, and sometimes they are really cool things. Its not because the other family doesn't want you to be there, but sometimes you just cant be apart of everything.

4. Siblings

cdn.pixabay.com

Broken families means you have a lot of siblings. Luckily, I only have the three at my dads house. But some have siblings at both homes so they end up having eight siblings total — imagine explaining this to someone who doesn't come from a broken family...it can be interesting. They can be a pain, but you always know that one person will have your back.

5. Double the family

Photo by Megan Leong on Unsplash

Unlike having the standard four grandparents, a couple aunts and uncles, when you have a broken family the family members double. The step-parent families adopt you as their own flesh and blood and suddenly you have so many family members, and you have no idea what to do.

6. Double the pain

Lighting Rip Victims Memory Fire Background

www.maxpixel.net

When you have double the family, you also have double the heartbreak.

7. The food

cdn.pixabay.com

You get to experience so many different types of food and different variations of making the same types of food. It makes it hard when you want a certain type of food but you aren't sure which family members recipe you want to use.

8. Family drama

Photo by Kyle Broad on Unsplash

There will be times where everyone will get along and all will be great. Other times its like World War 3. Both parents just refuse to speak to each other — but that's part of the roller-coaster of life of broken families.

9. Vacations

Photo by Limor Zellermayer on Unsplash

The amount of vacations you get to go on and experience on those is so much fun. Sometimes they are experiences that you might never had experienced if it wasn't for having two families.

10. Double the love

images.pexels.com

Pretty self explanatory. Love all around.