Have You Seen The Good?

Have You Seen the Good?

A short paragraph consisting of my thoughts for today. Enjoy.

49
https://www.pexels.com/photo/close-up-daisy-flora-flowers-433468/

There are so many bad things in this world of ours. Sometimes I'm not quite sure how we bear the weight of it all; how do we go about our everyday lives knowing what we know? How does humanity continue to live in the poverty and violence and filth we've created? It's so easy to get caught up in these thoughts and feel the weight of it. It's so easy to focus on the bad.

But, oh my God, have you seen the good?

I walked outside into the sunny & 75 afternoons to the deepest blue sky I've seen in a long time. Like a scene from a college catalog, people were playing field games, laying in the grass with their friends, and bubbles blew through the wind to create the most joyful picture I could've wished to see today. It made me stop and think about everything I've gotten to experience in my life. It made me think about all of the other beautiful things in our world that coexist with the ugly. I began thanking God for a long, rambling list of all the beautiful things.

I get to wake up in the morning knowing I have the opportunity to further my education.

I get to go outside whenever and wherever I want and enjoy this huge, gorgeously created world we live in.

I get the option to create any future I choose.

I get to have the peace of mind knowing I have people in my life I can fall back on.

I realize it can be so hard to love the world sometimes, but it's so hard not to love it when you take the time to truly see it. We experience beautiful days all the time, but do we ever stop to feel the sun on our faces? We see mountains, oceans, trees, plains, constantly but do we ever really stop and look at them? Everything we could ever need to sustain ourselves is present on this earth, which is so amazing. We've all been presented different life-paths all with their own unique challenges but also with their own unique gifts. We've all been blessed in some way, we just have to see it.