Everything That You Need To Have The Ultimate Friendsgiving

Everything That You Need To Have The Ultimate Friendsgiving Without Breaking The Bank

All of us want to be able to throw a big ol' dinner party, but don't necessarily have the means of being the host.

45

Thanksgiving is an amazing time to sit down and realize everything and everyone you're grateful for. There's a tradition probably as old as the holiday itself that we all love- Friendsgiving; A time to gather all the people who aren't related to you by blood together and celebrate being in each other's lives.

Here's a few ways to make sure that celebration doesn't necessarily break the bank.

Invite lots of friends, duh.

This would definitely be the most obvious of the list. Think about those friends that make the holidays feel all the more special and gather them all together for an evening (or lunch) that'll make you realize how grateful you are to be a part of each other's lives. No matter what you eat, or where you eat it, if you're with good company, it'll be a great time.

Make it a potluck.

If you plan ahead early enough, you could have your Friendsgiving be a potluck. In which, every guest brings an addition to the occasion. Whether it's food, drinks, even decorations- everyone contributes. This will not only break up the cost of the party, but it will help bring all attendees just that much closer.

In doing a potluck, everyone could individually find their own cheaper versions of something they enjoy or make it themselves. It would also be a cheaper alternative than having the host buy it all and then breaking up the cost among everyone. In the end, you'll not only have plenty of food to go around, but it's guaranteed everyone will have something they like on the menu.

Decorations? Dollar Store.

Now, we all know the dollar store is a gem. If you really want to go all out and decorate the place, the dollar store is the place to go. Even that cute little $1-$3 section at Target is home to some great steals. You don't have to spend a ton to make it look nice! You could probably even buy a bunch of stuff at the dollar store and do some DIY decor as well.

Make a playlist!

This may seem like a small detail, but trust me. If you just have the right kind of music playing in the background the whole time... you're all set.

Outfits are key!

Whether it's in an apartment or someone's backyard, dress the part! Take it as an opportunity to dress in your cutest fall clothes and strut your stuff from the front door to the kitchen. Make anywhere you go to a fashion statement. That'll elevate your simple meal from just a casual get together to a fancy holiday dinner... which is exactly what you want.

Plus, if you feel boujee, you are boujee.

Overall, you don't have to go all out. You could even switch off the main course from turkey and use burgers, fish, anything! As long as you're with people you love, it shouldn't matter. The point of a Friendsgiving is to remind everyone why they're friends in the first place and take the time to really appreciate each other. You shouldn't have to drop that much money on one meal. Plus, you have actual Thanksgiving day to go all out... with your parent's card.

So, don't fret over things like food and decorations, just focus on having a good time... together.