5 Haunted Hotels in the world Guarunteed To spook you out

5 Haunted Hotels in the world Guarunteed To spook you out

*contacts the ghoul boys from BuzzFeed Unsolved to get the answers*

83

I've written articles from haunted prisons (which are my absolute favorite thing to talk about) to haunted hospitals and haunted hotels. But this time I'm focusing around the top haunted hotels throughout the WORLD. We aren't in the USA anymore Toto.

This time we are going to look into some of the famous haunted hotels throughout the world.

1. Castle Leslie, County Monaghan, Ireland

Located in County Monaghan Ireland, the Castle Leslie estate has hosted some of the most famous people. The estate was purchased in the 1600s, and since then been passed on from generation to generation within the family. But, unlike most places that have menacing spirits roaming its quarters, the spirits within Castle Leslie seem to be more chill as we like to say.

The most popular story involves the haunting in the Red Room by one of the former inhabitants- Norman Leslie who died in battle during World War I. Visitors have claimed to hear shuffling paper and someone shushing guests who make to much noise.

The Mauve Room is said to be haunted by Lady Constance Leslie. Supposedly, her ghost visited someone who was on her deathbed and the nurse happened to saw and didn't think anything of it until she saw a portrait of Constance Leslie the next day. Some say she still visits the room to levitate the bed.

Other popular hauntings of the Castle included a monk, a child whimpering and the estate bells ringing on their own and seeing apparitions throughout the Castle.

2. Langham Hotel, London, England

upload.wikimedia.org

Located in London, the Langham Hotel is the most haunted hotel in London which makes it a favorite for paranormal investigators and visitors. The hotel was built in 1865 and was the Englands "first grand" hotel. It even includes the most haunted hotel room in London, room 333.

There was a doctor who murdered his wife then killed himself while on their honeymoon. And BBC announcer James Alexander spotted the man in 1973. The figure looks like a Victorian gentlemen wearing a cloak but has blank, staring eyes. The man only makes appearances in October.

Then there was the man who jumped at of a fourth-floor window. Observed more in the early hours of the morning, the man supposedly walks through the doors and ends up most of the time in room 333.

Also, a ghost in room 333 who tips guests out of the bed while sleeping and one time an overnight guest felt the bed being shook and proceeded to flee the hotel during the middle might.

There have also been reports of strange noises, and a ghost butler still trying to serve guests on the third floor along with a ghost who has a gaping wound on his face who wanders the halls.

3. Dauphine Orleans Hotel, New Orleans, Louisiana, USA

Located in the French Quarter if New Orleans, the Dauphine Orleans hotel has rooms located on both sides of the street which includes cottages or slightly bigger rooms than the main hotel. The hotel has a rich history that leads up to the hauntings, but overall, the actual hotel opened in 1969.

A popular hotspot of the hotel includes May Bailey's where there is the story of the Phantom Bride. May Bailey who was once of the owner had a younger sister Millie who wanted more than a place that keeps the business afloat. Millie escaped in 1861 and met a Confederate soldier but her happy ending was short-lived.

On the day of her wedding, her soon-to-be-husband was shot dead due to gambling. Guests have spotted Millie's ghost in her hand-sewn lace wedding dress standing forlornly hoping her one true love returns to her. There has also been a Confederate soldier spotted in uniform.

Could this figure be Millie's long lost love?

4. Tulloch Castle Hotel, Dingwall, Scotland

c1.staticflickr.com

Dating back to the 12th century, the Tulloch Castle Hotel has been a paranormal favorite. The castle's south-west corner and tower is the only part of the original building from 1507 that still remains intact.

People who investigated or stayed overnight have seen balls of lights, orbs, cold patches or spots of air felt throughout the hotel, noises such as clicks, bangs, and thuds throughout the hotel with no explanation from where they came from or who made them.

But the most famous ghost of the hotel is the Green lady who has been captured on film. Supposedly, the girl walked in on her father having an affair, fled the castle but fell down the stairs and was killed. Some guests have said to seen her or felt her presence.

Other guests have felt extreme levels of energy at times, being awoken in the early hours feeling someone or thing pressing down on their chests.

5. Fort Garry Hotel, Winnipeg, Canada

c1.staticflickr.com

Fort Garry Hotel has housed many guests who have shared their experience of ghouls during their stay, but the most famous stories come from the famous room 202. A woman who committed suicide in the room after hearing her husband died in a car accident. She hung herself in the closet of the hotel room.

The women of 202 even haunts the hotel lounge where she is often crying in the corner. The staff has also reported seeing a woman dressed in a room wandering throughout the hallways. Other guests have even reported seeing figures standing at the foot of their beds such as a man or a women wearing a ball gown.

In 1989, a hotel employee was cleaning the kitchen and around 4 a.m. went back to the stairway but ended up hearing noises coming from the locked dining room. He went to unlock the door and saw a figure of a man sitting at one of the tables. He ran to get another employee to show them what he saw but upon returning, the figure had vanished from the dining room.