Yes, I Do Hate Pumpkin Spice And I'm Not Sorry

I'm pretty sure I can blame the Cinnamon Challenge from 6th grade.

308
Notable Life

I hate pumpkin spice.

It's probably the worst thing about fall. There's already the cold weather, the dead leaves, and the fact that I can be freezing in a sweatshirt in the morning and sweating in it three hours later. And I mean, fall doesn't even have Christmas or snow to make up for the cold - it's just cold to be cold.

The only good things about this time of year are Halloween, Thanksgiving, and those little pre-cut designed packages of cookie dough. All of these things may make the fall season the worst of the four, but the pumpkin spice craze takes the cake.

Maybe it was that Cinnamon Challenge we all did in like 6th grade that ruined it for me, but it's disgusting. I've never been very adventurous with trying new foods, so most of my life I just didn't care about the Pumpkin Spice Latte. I eventually caved into the hype and decided to give the obsessed-over PSL a whirl.

What a letdown.

After inhaling practically an entire cup of cinnamon and sub-par, overpriced flavored coffee, I decided to never waste my money on it again, because if I'm going to spend almost $6 on one cup of coffee, I'd prefer it to actually be good.

So many aspects of autumn are over-hyped and unnecessarily obsessed over, from the weather (which is actually terrible) to the myriad of other pumpkin-flavored treats (which are also gross), but this just adds to the list - actually, it takes the top of the list.

Maybe whenever fall weather decides what season it wants to be, or maybe whenever a PSL doesn't taste like I'm eating an entire pumpkin coated in cinnamon, we'll talk about my lack of enthusiasm for the season. Until then, I'll stick with a different basic white girl coffee.