Amy Schumer Makes Me Ashamed To Be A Woman

Sorry, But I Hate Amy Schumer And She Makes Me Ashamed To Be A Woman

Amy Schumer makes women out to be nothing but walking, talking sex machines.

6107
amy schumer

I had a conversation with some friends the other day about comedy. We were chatting about stand-up, romcoms, and Jeff Dunham when out of the blue I mentioned that I hate Amy Schumer. I was expecting to be roasted by my friends, a three of whom were girls, but instead, I was given applause. My friends agreed with me when I said I hated Amy Schumer, the girls included. I expected to be lambasted for not being a feminist by not liking Amy Schumer, but I wasn't.

So I'll just come out and say it: I hate Amy Schumer and she makes me embarrassed to be a woman. Here's why.

Almost every one of Amy Schumer's comedy skits that I have managed to sit through has focused on women being sexual beings. The same goes for her movie, "Trainwreck," which I can say was a trainwreck. Now, I have no problem with women being free with their sexuality. It's 2018! Do whatever you want. What I do have a problem with is listening to Amy Schumer making women out to be nothing but walking, talking sex machines.

I have a major problem with that.

In addition to this, Amy Schumer says some really stupid things and she is looked to as a poster for American feminism. I can't stand that. Amy Schumer has called Meghan Markle her "pregnancy nemesis", has made multiple racist jokes, and just says the most vulgar things. Meanwhile, people look to her as a feminist icon, and all I can think of is why? Listening to Amy Schumer talk, reading her interviews, and seeing her tweets makes me feel ashamed. I'm ashamed to be a woman when I think about how Amy Schumer portrays us. I'm ashamed to be someone who has a vagina, as she so lovingly likes to point out. I'm ashamed to be someone who might even call themselves a feminist.

I'm just ashamed, and it's because of Amy Schumer.

Not only am I ashamed, but my friends are too. My best friend told me that every time she sees something from Amy Schumer on social media, she cringes. My guy friends have said the same thing, and they feel sorry that we have to be associated with someone like her. So it's not just me that's ashamed. It's a lot of people.

So, Amy, I don't like you. You make me feel like less of a woman and less of a person by your insensitive and ill-timed comments. So, please, have some dignity and keep your mouth shut for once. It might do us all some good.