I'm An Extrovert And Yes I Hate Alone Time

But I am still independent.

96
Whitley Taylor

I am just about as extroverted as you can get. I gain all of my energy by being surrounded by other people. This means, I take almost no alone time, and that’s how I like it. I know what you’re thinking and no, I am not needy and dependent on other people for entertainment. Really, I just enjoy being around others more than I enjoy being alone. While some might think that it’s weird or unsettling that I would be okay with having no alone time, it is exciting and energizing to me. I value spending time with people and it helps me be at peace with myself.

First, I enjoy spending time with others. Whether it’s going to run an errand or doing homework in the library, I love to be with people. It’s not that I’m incapable of completing these tasks on my own, but I just feel more comfortable and fun when being around people. And anyway, some of these little moments spent with others turn into the greatest memories.

I love to talk, and having the company of others gives me a multitude of people to talk to. When I’m alone, my mind races around with thoughts of things I’ll have to say or tell people later, which kind of defeats the whole purpose of alone time. When there are times where I’m driving by myself or alone for an extended period of time, I often find myself calling a friend just so I have someone to talk to. If you’re talking to someone it’s almost like you’re not alone, right?

In addition to being the extrovert that I am, I am also extremely independent, which means I am perfectly capable of completing things on my own. But, I choose to be around people as much as I can. I understand that most people need their peaceful alone time, but I’m not really one of those people, and that’s okay.

While I may seem like I’m in desperate need to always hang out with friends or have someone to do something with, it’s really just the way I operate. I have so many friendships that mean so much to me, and spending time with people (whether it’s in person or over the phone) helps me find comfort. I understand that I am unlike most people in this way, but I’m glad that this is a characteristic that is different about myself — I love to spend time with people and I don’t really need my alone time.