7 Ways to Show Your Appreciation for Harry Potter

With so many milestones, 2017 is a bigger year for Harry Potter than we all expected.

194

Although the book and movie series ended years ago, the magical world of Harry Potter has still has a monumental impact in the literary world. The fan-base is growing faster than ever and the magical universe is continuing to expand as J.K. Rowling continually produces content for the series, despite refusing to make an eighth book.

This year alone has shed a number of milestones on the Harry Potter universe:

1. The twentieth anniversary of the publishing of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, published in 1997.

2. The tenth anniversary of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, published in July 21, 2007

3. The sixth anniversary of the film, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, released in 2011.

4. This September 1st will mark the 19th anniversary of the "Battle of Hogwarts" in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

Indeed, there are lots to celebrate! Harry Potter is still relevant today, and with more films coming out in the Fantastic Beasts universe in the future, the Wizarding World is here to stay. But for now, we can all show our appreciation for Harry Potter in different ways.

1. Revamp your old Pottermore account and sort yourself into your Hogwarts House!

And even if you're confident that you've got the right house, there's still the Ilvermorny sorting ceremony, a quiz that lets you sort yourself into the American Wizarding school. You can also find our your Patronus now! (For the curious--Pottermore sorted me as a Pukwudgie, and my Patronus is a Rottweiler.)

2. (Re)read the novels when you get the chance

But let's be real: you were going to spring back for them anyway. No other young adult book really holds a candle to it.

3. Have a Harry Potter Marathon!

You know, when Freeform has the movies on every other weekend. I think they're more excited about the prospect of a Harry Potter come back than we are. While you're marathoning, you could also drool over your favorite actors and perfect that British accent. Even throw in some episodes of Fantastic Beasts while you're at it--Eddie Redmayne needs attention too.

4. Dress up in your old House robes, throw on a scarf, and whip out your wand for old time's sake

Because it never gets old. Ever.

5. Munch on some Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans and make your own Butterbeer!

Who knew that bringing this favored drink to life would be so easy? Feel free to head to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter if you wish, but for a more economical way to partake in the joys of Hogsmeade, follow the recipe at http://wizardingworldpark.com/butterbeer-recipes/

6. Buy the makeup palette and matching brushes.

This one is a little bit of a stretch, since it isn't officially licensed, but this palette is gorgeous. The color "Potions" are a great way to channel your inner Slytherin.

7. See the play!

This one is the most exciting but also the most controversial suggestion yet. While many people were mixed about the screenplay that was released last year, Harry Potter and the Cursed Child has gotten rave reviews--they even won Olivier Awards during its run in the West End. The play is due to open on Broadway in April 2018, so this gives us American wizards and no-majs a chance to see it in action!