Happy Mother's Day, Mom.

Happy Mother's Day, Mom.

To the woman who raised me to be the best that I can be.

156
Happy Mother's Day, Mom.

My mom always tells me how proud she is of my accomplishments, and she always tells me how beautiful I am. My mom congratulates me on every milestone, and she supports me at every race I run. My mom smiles at the kind gestures I make for others, and she tells me that I will make a difference in the lives of many.

But what she doesn't tell me is that it's because of her.

I accomplish great things because she raised me to be strong, resilient and determined. I am beautiful because I look like she does. I run because she inspires and motivates me to be my best. I am kind to others because she taught me to treat others how I would like to be treated.

I aspire to be the best I can be because of my mom.

She is strong. She is kind. She is resilient. She is beautiful. She is inspiring.

But she would never tell you that.

I don't know how my mom does it. She always puts others first without hesitation. She stays motivated to be healthy, active and involved in her community. She gives back through donations and volunteering. She has helped so many people in more ways than one.

I don't know how my mom is able to stay strong after enduring so much. I don't know how any moms do it, for that matter. While my mom has worked hard to make sure that I have a good life and bright future, many moms hope to do the same for their child or children. Putting a small being, or multiple small beings, before yourself in all circumstances requires patience, love and a kind heart.

If I'm hungry, my mom would give me her last meal. If I'm tired, she would let me sleep and do the work I was supposed to do. If I'm thirsty, she would give me her last drop of water. If I'm sad, she would show me she cares.

My mom inspiring. She is kind, she is loving, she is beautiful and she is selfless.

I'm so lucky to have you, mom.