Life’s What You Make It So Let’s Follow These 16 Lessons That ‘Hannah Montana” Taught Us

Life’s What You Make It So Let’s Follow These 16 Lessons That ‘Hannah Montana' Taught Us

"Everybody makes mistakes and everyone has those days."

453

"Hannah Montana" was that show that I watched growing up that I admired for the longest time. Being able to live a double life and having THE life seemed amazing. Besides the double life though, there were so many like lessons you could learn for a girl of any age.

1. Life is what you make it

If you know her songs this has to be the most popular. It is pretty self-explanatory, life isn't always going to be easy but you have to make the best of it. What I mean by this is take care of yourself and there will be bumps in the road, but it happens. Then life will go on and you will learn from your past.

2. Everybody makes mistakes and everybody has those days

It's inevitable to not make a mistake. You must embrace it and move on. One bad day isn't a bad life.

3. ALWAYS Be yourself

It is easy to get caught up in the trends of social media and wanting to be like the next influencer. But don't. Be yourself. Your life is not like anyone else's it's yours. There is no one like you, so just be you. Be the best version of yourself. You are still learning about you take that time to embrace your soul and body. Don't let your Instagram feed steer you away from that.

4. Life won't’ always be easy

As a college student, everything seems like a chaotic mess and you are always stressed. Stress will happen, mishaps will happen, you will not do as good as you hoped sometimes and that is OK. You gotta be strong and overcome the obstacles and go on with your life. Life keeps moving forward and you gotta roll with it.

5. Life is a climb

As the song says, life is a indeed a climb, but you gotta face it head on like the strong girl you are.

6. Don’t make dating complicated

When I watched Hannah Montana she always seemed to make dating look complicated, or there was always something going on in her love life. Thinking back, when it comes to dating, don't over complicate things. Take it slow, communicate your interests and what bugs you, etc. Once it gets complicated, there is no going back and you tend to overthink, so just breathe and take it one step at a time with your partner.

7. Being honest with those you care about is important

As I have gone through life I have learned that no lie is worth the relationship that is involved. So, be honest and if it hurts the other person, just know it would be worse if they knew that you lied.

8. Keep your close friends even closer

Good friends are one in a million and hard to come by. They soon become your family and you can't imagine not telling them everything that you would like.

9. Your friends will tell you things you don't want to hear, but listen to them

It is hard to swallow the truth sometimes. Your close friends tend to know you best and what is best for you whether you may like it or not. Take their advice to heart because all they want for you is the best.

10. Stay true to yourself

Being yourself is the best version you can be. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

11. It is okay to be lazy when you can

Life will go by really fast, college, or a job, the family, however it goes, it will be nonstop. Take the time to stop an breathe and watch Netflix, treat yourself to ice cream. Have a day designated to you. It's okay to do so, everything will still be there when the day is over. Being lazy is not a bad thing, let it be a form of self-care. Self-care is important in every aspect of life, so take it seriously.

12. It is okay to hold your ground

There will be arguments with others or disagreements. They will happen at one point or another and you will most likely have a strong opinion, that is when you hold your ground and don't budge. It is OK to do so.

13. School always comes first

As a college student who has a million and one things going on, it is so easy to feel like you are getting behind in school. No matter what, make it your top priority, your studies and grades will make you stand out in the future when applying to jobs and grad school.

14. Know people will let you down

Not everyone will be on your team and you need to be aware of that. People will come into your life and let you down. You just got to get back up and brush it off and move forward.

15. A family bond is stronger than anything else.

Despite everything else going on in your life, you know you will always have your family to count on. Siblings will annoy and bug you, but they are your lifelong friend and the bond is neverending. Your parents will be your number one supporters along your journey, just remember to appreciate them.

16. Change is OK

Over time, things will change. You will change, your friends will change, change is everywhere, but it's okay. Change happens for the better.