Hang in There College Students

Hang in There College Students

Exams and deadlines and essays, oh my!

56
Hang in There College Students

Here we are in the homestretch of another semester. Thanksgiving break is over, the semester is winding down, and yet it seems like everything is much more urgent as deadlines and exams approach. You're probably dreading that final project, you know, the one that you've known about all semester but haven't touched yet? It's okay, we've all been there before. I'm there right now for about five different classes. We're humans, we make mistakes and we underestimate the amount of time and energy it'll take to complete all this work. If there's one truth in life, it's that I will never fully accept that I'm not the successful procrastinator I think that I am. But it's okay, we've been through this before and we'll get through it again.

To the freshmen who are going through their first round of university-level exams, we're here for you. We all know what it's like to be facing your first final exam and wondering if you'll make it out alive, but you will. You're smart enough, that's definitely sure. You might not realize it yet, but you've got the ability to succeed if you put your mind to it. Try not to worry too much, you've got this.

To the sophomores and juniors, I'm with you. You've made it this far, just keep going. It might feel like you've got a million and a half things on your plate and they're all due before midnight, but I promise you'll get through. Studying might sound like a drag and your final exam might be the latest slot in an otherwise empty week, but it'll all turn out okay. Someday it'll all be worth it, so just hang in there.

Seniors, you're so close! All of this work you’ve done for so long is soon coming to an end. Be proud, and finish strong, just a few more exams stand between you and your future. There might be a lot of things in your life that you're feeling uncertain about, transitions and unforeseen complications that you can't control, but you can control your exam scores. Work hard now, it'll pay off.

Exam week sucks, but it's only a week out of the entirety of your college experience so far. We're all a stressed and lacking proper sleep so remember to be kind in these next few weeks as the semester comes to a close, you never know how much someone might need a kind word or even just a smile. Just hang in there friend, a well-deserved break is only a few weeks away.