Handwritten Letters Are Underrated

Handwritten Letters Are Underrated

Yes, I still send handwritten letters in the age of technology. You should do it, too!

86

I love the ease of email, texting, and messaging as much as the next person does, so don't get me wrong. However, that does NOT mean that I don't also love writing and receiving good, old-fashioned snail mail!

I send mail to almost everyone you can think of. Family, friends, celebrities...the list goes on and on! It honestly brightens my day to both send AND receive letters, for a few reasons.

First of all, paper mail is much easier to keep with you than digital mail is. Also, it makes people feel special. I mean, how sweet is it to take time out of your day to handwrite a message to someone that you care about? I have a box in my room where I keep almost everything that people have written to me over the years. The gesture does NOT go unnoticed or get forgotten.

Letters are especially important and cherished when it comes to long-distance friendships/relationships. Since moving to college, I am far away from some of the people that matter the most to me, but because of the fact that we've exchanged letters, we never have to feel too distant.

People nowadays may feel as if the seemingly outdated ways of communicating with other people are boring and/or useless, but I, along with many others, can confirm that that is not true in the slightest. Now, I am by no means saying that you have to completely ditch your phone and your computer for a pen and a piece of paper, but a balance between the two can go a long way!

It will be 100% worth it in the end, believe me, for both the author AND the recipient of the letters. So, get to it and start writing!