A Halloween Recipe For Those Who Don't Trick-Or-Treat

The Ultimate Happy Halloween Recipe For Everyone Who Just Doesn't Want To Trick-Or-Treat

Follow this recipe for a happy Halloween!

260

The air is crisper, the temperatures and leaves have fallen and college students are dealing with the stress of midterms, which can only mean one thing: Halloween is right around the corner.

When I was younger, Halloween used to be my favorite holiday. Excitement filled my veins when I was deciding what I wanted to be for Halloween.

For some reason, most of the time, I chose to be a princess.

Every October 31, I would count down the hours until Princess Sam came to life. As I grabbed the orange bucket, I would fantasize about all the sweetness that would soon occupy the vacancy of the bucket.

I took the contents of my buckets very seriously. Twizzlers, Twix, Hershey's, M&Ms, and Starbursts made my tiny soul jump with joy.

Diet candies, off-brand candies, and pennies did not exactly have that same impact.

As I grow older, my excitement for Halloween becomes less and less as the years go on. Though I still love the festivities that take place around this time, such as Freeform's 31 Nights of Halloween and all the spooky souvenirs that decorate the shelves in different stores, it just does not feel the same.

I never got invited to Halloween parties, and since it is considered unethical to put up a Craigslist ad asking to borrow someone's child to use them as an excuse to go trick or treating, I spent most Halloweens worrying about midterm exams, meeting deadlines and contemplating how many pounds I may accumulate if I indulge in all the bite-size Halloween candies that called out my name at the grocery store.

However, this year I am trying my hardest to not let adulthood suck the Halloween spirit out of me. So, I came up with a recipe for a Happy Halloween.

Feel free to indulge in my recipe with me.

Prep time: Varies on each person

Total Duration Time: 24 hours

Servings: 1 person

Ingredients:

• A costume of some sort. It doesn't have to be a full costume, such as a cheerleading or pirate outfit. Only accessories will do too.
  • 1 fuzzy blanket.
  • 1 comfy couch or bed. Either will do.
  • 5 good spooky Halloween movies. "The Lost Boys," "The Addams Family," "Casper," "Beetlejuice," and "The Nightmare Before Christmas" are highly recommended.
  • An infinite amount of sweets.

Instructions:

1. Dress up in some sort of costume. You want to go big, dress as your favorite mythical creature, or your favorite movie character. You don't want to get that dressed up? Dress up in black clothes only, buy clip-on cat ears, draw some whiskers on your face, congratulations you're a cat.
  2. Position yourself on a comfortable couch or bed. Whichever one suits you best.
  3. Cover yourself with a fuzzy blanket.
  4. Find 5 good Halloween films to watch. If you're into vampires and comedic horror, watch "The Lost Boys." If you want to watch something that will spook you but warm your heart, watch "Casper." There are so many wonderful Halloween films you can watch.
  5. Indulge in all the sweets your heart desires while watching a spooky film. Studies show that calories do not exist on the 31st of every October (studies were conducted by me, an English major who despises Science).
  6. Have a Happy Halloween!